GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strictly Subies.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
FRS fenders are HELLA wide. People about 1.5" lower than stock (driving fast ride height) are fitting 265s without even rolling the fenders!!!

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
I'll take a 3rd gear log from like 3-6.5k and post it up if anyone is interested in looking at it. Prolly send it to Eric at torqued performance too.

Sterling

Steel Tip
for all the fans of low subies:

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
This is pretty much about as low as I'll be, this is 17x9 Rota DPT and 245/40/17 RS3.

I think I'm gonna get grids and one size up(wider) on the tires to 225.

utekineir

Banned
nice,

i'm thinking i may be able to do a 17x9 grid (or vaarstoen or mach v awesome) and a 245/45/17 re760, would get me back to forester diameter tires (bit taller than impreza to compensate for shorter forester gearing).

that or stay cheap and just put sticky fun tires on the bbs's

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
nice,

i'm thinking i may be able to do a 17x9 grid (or vaarstoen or mach v awesome) and a 245/45/17 re760, would get me back to forester diameter tires (bit taller than impreza to compensate for shorter forester gearing).

that or stay cheap and just put sticky fun tires on the bbs's

The 245/40 matches the diameter of stock 215/45 perfect for me. But I think I can push it to 255 which is actually .5 inch taller, so really .25 more into the fender.

utekineir

Banned
You sure you want to basically raise the gearing on a car thats knocked for "low power"?

My motivation for going taller is cause my speedo is a bit off and the car is a bit short geared for highway driving (but a goddamn hoot otherwise.).

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
You sure you want to basically raise the gearing on a car thats knocked for "low power"?

My motivation for going taller is cause my speedo is a bit off and the car is a bit short geared for highway driving (but a goddamn hoot otherwise.).

This has crossed my mind, and no I'm not.

But then I think maybe 17x8 might be a better wheel for 245. That was my GTi set up.

LuLzSeC

Ready to race!
Got my bumper back from the body shop, you'd never know it took a beating!

Wrapping it in clear vinyl this time around just have to wait a few days for it to get here, then back on the car it goes.