GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Strictly Subies.

BurntGauge

AWD > FWD

Should read STD.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Tru that, I was confused. I was thinking they didn't change untill 2010.

That sucks but it's not so bad, you should see my factory bumper it's split in 3 places all across the bumper from winter abuse. If you get a replacement bumper through ins which I'm pretty sure you will since they are only like $300, I would keep the one you have glue the cracks and just vinyl wrap those two lower portions on either side and run it during winter or long trips like I do with mine.

It's really easy to take the bumper cover off. Takes all of 15 mins.

Yeah I'm hoping they'll do a replacement rather than trying to fuck with this one. It's pretty tore up on the bottom so it's probably cheaper than the labor/materials anyways. I actually got some of the retainer clips today to re-secure the fender liner until I get the care in for inspection.

I'd just leave it, adds to the character/racecar factor.

It has two bandaids on it right now. They read "BCUZ" & "RALLY CAR"

LuLzSeC

Ready to race!
Finished up with the clear bra on the bumper, tinted the mirror turn signals, midnight camo added to the grill and swapped out my previously damaged headlight lens cover. Was busy the past few days since the weather was finally out of the 100's!

LuLzSeC

Ready to race!
that car is just amazing
much <3
thought it was this one, should have opened up big picture instead of just going off thumbnail in google images lol

either way, no me gusta. sticks out forward way too much.

]
Everyone has different taste! But that is how a real aero performance bumper is. That elongated lower section runs up completely flush with the rad to support more direct air flow and additional down force that can be felt at 80+mph.

You having assumed originally that it was an OE bumper actually makes me happy. I don't like things to be overly flashy but once you look twice and realize there is more going on then you originally thought, whether you like it or not has been my plan.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
the STI of course...

I'm close to getting my car back from the body shop after the damage. I'm just hoping they don't fuck the color match and blend up. Because I will rage.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I'm about to pull the trigger on 17x9 grids + 245/40 RS3s for the FRS :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: $1,500 shipped with lugs :thumbdown:

LuLzSeC

Ready to race!
the STI of course...

I'm close to getting my car back from the body shop after the damage. I'm just hoping they don't fuck the color match and blend up. Because I will rage.

Did they end up getting you a whole new bumper?
The Evo stock as it is can be some fun. Took it on a trip to Mooresville NC a few weeks ago and a great time coming up and down the mountains on 81.
CBE should be here next week for it. Needs to make some noise!

I'm about to pull the trigger on 17x9 grids + 245/40 RS3s for the FRS :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: $1,500 shipped with lugs :thumbdown:

What color are you looking at? I have nothing against Grids. What's the weight on the factory brz wheels?
I wanted them for the STi for a while but the larger sizes weigh considerably more then the oem bbs I have. Being you're going down in size but up in width it should be close to the same right?

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
What color are you looking at? I have nothing against Grids. What's the weight on the factory brz wheels?
I wanted them for the STi for a while but the larger sizes weigh considerably more then the oem bbs I have. Being you're going down in size but up in width it should be close to the same right?

I was thinking I was just going to get flat black, I want to go gold or something crazy bright but I don't want to clean them! ha.

Stock is 17x7 and way heavier than they should be for that. I might actaully gain a little unsprung weight but the gain in available friction will FAR out weight it. Wheels really start to get heavy when you add diameter, not so much width.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Blaine...

BUY THE VOLKS!