GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

dtfd

Autocross Champion
1680447306765.png

torga

Autocross Champion
what an absolute shit show of a race, it's been a while we've had one this wacky. I was watching live and when the FIA was arguing about which grid order to restart the race for a single fucking lap behind the safety car, I went to bed.

that second restart was a disaster. happy to find out that Alonso got to restart in P3. though, i think the penalty on Sainz may have been a bit too harsh -- it was a 1st turn incident, after all.

hans611

Lost
Same I went to bed at that point as well lol... They did follow the rules though, it was wacky, but it was all legal... love chaotic races honestly, I really do feel bad for Gasly and Sainz though.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Boy did the powers that be put a royal screwing to Carlos & Ferrari.

Race officials sucked when I raced in the bush league SCCA & they seem to be worse in the FIA.

torga

Autocross Champion
I was just reading an article where Hamilton was complaining about this very thing. He feels that sitting so far forward is dulling the feedback he gets from the car. Ferrari seem to be just as far forward as Merc.

hans611

Lost
I was just reading an article where Hamilton was complaining about this very thing. He feels that sitting so far forward is dulling the feedback he gets from the car. Ferrari seem to be just as far forward as Merc.

Maybe the one I posted earlier? lol

Interesting bit regarding the mercedes handling struggles and Hamilton's view:

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/...drum-so-far-forward-hes-behind-f1-rivals-mph/

Also, this is the Brabham BT48.... yeah, I kind of get Piquet's pain... it's like a bus:

View attachment 277358

Obviously Lewis has it bad, but is it much worse than the Aston or Ferrari? Probably not... I think all the drivers are suffering from this... They are naturally used to racing karts lol

Senna back then and now Alonso call karts the "most pure" form of driving/racing...

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Senna back then and now Alonso call karts the "most pure" form of driving/racing...
that's only because they've never truly raced the most pure form, bang bangers at the local dirt track

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Seems like a strange reaction given the fact that RM probably loaned him that watch, seeing as they are a sponsor.
Not like Charles had to dish out for it.

torga

Autocross Champion
the watch in question.

https://wristaficionado.com/products/richard-mille-alexander-zverev-rm67-02

Leclerc's was bespoke, so likely north of the 325k on this page. but my point is, what a fuckin god-awfully ugly watch. money can't buy taste.

edit: I'm sure Leclerc has his hands tied, as no doubt he has to wear these watches as part of his contract with Ferrari. But for the other milly billy naires that these are watches are marketed to... ew.

Last edited:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
the watch in question.

Leclerc's was bespoke, so likely north of the 325k on this page. but my point is, what a fuckin god-awfully ugly watch. money can't buy taste.

edit: I'm sure Leclerc has his hands tied, as no doubt he has to wear these watches as part of his contract with Ferrari. But for the other milly billy naires that these are watches are marketed to... ew.
Really just rappers and athletes.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
the watch in question.

I just looked at their catalog there and the entire company should be thrown in jail for those hideous things.