GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

THE Formula One Thread

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
I generally like sprint races cuz it's all out. No conserving fuel. No saving tires. But it does feel like F1 is trying too hard now. Qualifying for Sunday's race is now on Friday. But in between is Saturday and Saturday is all about the "sprint shootout" race and qualifying. Feels gimmicky. But I'll still watch

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I generally like sprint races cuz it's all out. No conserving fuel. No saving tires. But it does feel like F1 is trying too hard now. Qualifying for Sunday's race is now on Friday. But in between is Saturday and Saturday is all about the "sprint shootout" race and qualifying. Feels gimmicky. But I'll still watch

I like the change to qualifying - teams are no longer SOL for Sunday if someone torpedoes them in the sprint race - but I agree with you that the cadence of Fri-Sat-Sun seems wonky on paper. Let's see how it plays out this weekend but it does seem choppy. I just don't know how they could prevent that.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
yes.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Graphic is busy as shit.

Make this make sense please: Traction 5, but Asphalt Grip and Abrasion 1? Are the streets paved with baseball rosin?

torga

Autocross Champion
maybe traction is a 5 because the spec tires are the three softest? and the way I see it, asphalt grip and abrasion are kind of the same metric. i'd love to see their definitions for this, because it doesn't immediately make sense to me.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
maybe traction is a 5 because the spec tires are the three softest? and the way I see it, asphalt grip and abrasion are kind of the same metric. i'd love to see their definitions for this, because it doesn't immediately make sense to me.
nah bc you can have a non grippy surface and have it be hella abrasive due to it's construction.

Darlington and Atlanta(prior to the repave) Motor Speedways lacked any sort of grip but because of the makeup of the asphalt they chewed through tires rapidly.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Mercs 2022/2023 Baku track map. Obviously to be taken with a grain of salt.

(lol, the size difference between the two maps)

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Qualifying for Sunday seems a bit pointless considering we'll see how positions shake out during the sprint race.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
What the fuck was that at the pit wall?

We all knew ocon was going to pit...wtf were those people doing?