GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The GunKat's Car Feedback Thread with POLE.

pole?

• Keep your car, it looks good/performs well, etc. Get something on the side later.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Get a Civic /other cheap DD, pay off within a year or so and buy an S2K, BRZ, Miata, C5 Z06, etc.

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Other – post up.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Gunkata = Plac

Votes: 28 32.9%
  • Sell feauxS3, buy PT Cruiser

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Next gen WRX/MS3/MK7

Votes: 11 12.9%

• Total voters

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I voted for the Prius V since you have a family.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I need a V8 in my life but the GTI is so practical. I guess I just need a better job.

indeed. I mean, if I could only make like $40K more, I'd be set....

What is your garage situation? Are both the Odyssey and your A3 garaged at the moment?

yes, they are.

ROFL.

they are nice... sorta... but so big.. I could get a certified 2010 prius for like $15K.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
:laugh: can we add the next gen WRX/MS3/MK7 gti option then as well?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I need a V8 in my life but the GTI is so practical. I guess I just need a better job.

Just do it. Life is too short.

You should be lose mod status and be banned from the site, relegated to a Prius forum and shunned by society for this suggestion.

indeed. I mean, if I could only make like $40K more, I'd be set....

yes, they are.

ROFL.

they are nice... sorta... but so big.. I could get a certified 2010 prius for like $15K.

JAWN, I will fly out to Chitown, bitch slap you, sack punch you, steal your K04, sack punch again, and finish it off with eating good food in front of you if you ever do something like this.

:laugh: can we add the next gen WRX/MS3/MK7 gti option then as well?

Thats better.

Still not forgiven though.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
THE ALMIGHTLY NEEK HAS SPOKEN. ALL HAIL THEE AND RAISE YOUR NUTSACKS TO THE SKY.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
yes, they are.

Well, assuming you don't have a three car....I think I've seen your garage in pics....two car detached, right....then one of the inconveniences of your 2 car scheme is chipping ice off your beater during the Chicago winters. Perhaps you are NFG about this.

Next question is whether you have to use your car for business....do you take anybody out to lunch in it? If so, perhaps not so cool to take them in your Civic.

If NFG on both items, and you think track/weekend vehicle means more to you than Audi during the week (and you say you are stuck in traffic, so no KO4 powah being used there).....I think I would just start looking for the perfect track car and maintain the status quo till you find it. Shit that could take a year, and driving all over the midwest inspecting potential track cars would be fun for you yes?

That's my advice.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
THE ALMIGHTLY NEEK HAS SPOKEN. ALL HAIL THEE AND RAISE YOUR NUTSACKS TO THE SKY.

:lol:

I say either keep what you have, or sell and get a cheaper performance type car. Like older Si or GTI or even a V8 powered vehicle. You will still have fun, be saving money and not look like a douche nozzle in a Prius.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Well, assuming you don't have a three car....I think I've seen your garage in pics....two car detached, right....then one of the inconveniences of your 2 car scheme is chipping ice off your beater during the Chicago winters. Perhaps you are NFG about this.

Next question is whether you have to use your car for business....do you take anybody out to lunch in it? If so, perhaps not so cool to take them in your Civic.

If NFG on both items, and you think track/weekend vehicle means more to you than Audi during the week (and you say you are stuck in traffic, so no KO4 powah being used there).....I think I would just start looking for the perfect track car and maintain the status quo till you find it. Shit that could take a year, and driving all over the midwest inspecting potential track cars would be fun for you yes?

That's my advice.

correct, 2car detached. The DD would sit outside, NFG.

business - not needed.

I can't afford to do the Audi AND a track car - I GOT KIDZ. And while there is a lot of traffic, I do get to utilize the K04 here and there for sure. It is fun, no doubt.

Being september and getting a cheap DD by the end of the month now lets say, I could easily have it paid off by June 1, 2014 (if not sooner), and then have a 2005+ S2K, or 2002-2003 C5 Z06... it would be nice... but yes, then the every day function/fun is gone.. as I'd only want to drive either of those "racecars" / MT cars 1-2days a week.

:lol:

I say either keep what you have, or sell and get a cheaper performance type car. Like older Si or GTI or even a V8 powered vehicle. You will still have fun, be saving money and not look like a douche nozzle in a Prius.

Yeah, I've looked at 2009-2010 Civic Si's, and I don't think I could do a MK5 or 6 GTI again at this point.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I've been looking into the same shit. I even went and looked at some dealers today but didn't drive anything yet. $500+ per month in gas is getting old quick.

I'm looking at everything from a 1999 A4 1.8T to C5Z06 to FR-S to 2014 Fiesta ST to a TDI JSW with a lot of random crap in between - all manuals though. Add in an eyeball issue possibly preventing track time for awhile and I'm wondering what the point of a performance car is anymore.

Nissan dealer on my way home from work has this:

http://www.alexandernissan.com/used...Corvette-3404098a0a0a000200691263194a31c5.htm

Should be good with some winter tires, right?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
fuck man.. not bad.. you would tear shit up with that, esp with your skills.

interesting to see that we are having similar thoughts.