GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official Photography Thread!

A_Bowers

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
After showing all who participated in the photoshoot, and getting approval from the model on the photos (first time doing any type of modeling really and very very nervous on how they would turn out), here be the rest from the random photoshoot we did:

Enjoy! ;)

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Damn Pat.....nice.

What was your lighting set up?

2 strobes to 2 wireless remotes to a universal wireless slave (didn't catch the bulb wattage, but medium size cones we were using). The guy who let us use the shop, who is also the shop owner, is also an amateur/semi-pro photographer. So he had this in there for some of the racecars that he builds and does shoots for.

I was giddy as hell being able to use the setup because I haven't shot with strobes since college and love using them. The model's boyfriend is the one who knew the shop owner (the one that owns the 135 on CCWs that I posted previously), but had never really shot with strobes ever, so basically I was arranging the lights, getting shit set up. Sadly, after like a couple shots and trying to get him to setup lighting/subject/poses and get a feel for doing this type of stuff, he kind of gave up so I took over and got those. ;)

Last edited:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
She looks like she has no legs in the 3rd picture.

haha nice photos man!

I just looked on a different computer and you are right about her pants blending in with car. :laugh: Meh, she likes that one only okay anyways ;)

09vdubgti

Banned
2 strobes to 2 wireless remotes to a universal wireless slave (didn't catch the bulb wattage, but medium size cones we were using). The guy who let us use the shop, who is also the shop owner, is also an amateur/semi-pro photographer. So he had this in there for some of the racecars that he builds and does shoots for.

I was giddy as hell being able to use the setup because I haven't shot with strobes since college and love using them. The model's boyfriend is the one who knew the shop owner (the one that owns the 135 on CCWs that I posted previously), but had never really shot with strobes ever, so basically I was arranging the lights, getting shit set up. Sadly, after like a couple shots and trying to get him to setup lighting/subject/poses and get a feel for doing this type of stuff, he kind of gave up so I took over and got those. ;)

Ahh okay, I was looking at getting some Canon Speedlites but they're a lot of guap. I would need/want at least 3 and at like 500 a piece, thats going to add up. I've just been renting them.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Ahh okay, I was looking at getting some Canon Speedlites but they're a lot of guap. I would need/want at least 3 and at like 500 a piece, thats going to add up. I've just been renting them.

Funny story, last night a guy comes in to get an external flash for his wife who is getting into photography. Apparently she was asking for one that has wireless built in and needed two of them. He thought it would be 100~200 per. The one she asked for was retailed at ~600 per. He said she can purchase that unless she is willing to buy him the fishing gear he wanted. :laugh:

Just got done with the ILDS: Winterfest photos. I'll post them up here in a little.

And now I kind of want to do some studio type shooting seeing as I haven't done it in a while, and that photoshoot, and talking about strobes/flashes and all this stuff again. :laugh:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
I am currently in love with my Nikon D600. Editing pics from yesterday's goofing around shoot and all I can say is DAMN on the quality and clarity. I'll have them up in a bit.

Sent while dancing to Gangnam Style

chucka

Ready to race!
Just picked up my first Nikon. Had a Sony a55 for the last year.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356356512.829835.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356356512.829835.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 192

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
A couple from Saturday when I was playing around with my new D600. Definitely feels different and shoots differently than my D5100, so still working out the kinks on it ;)

The rest can be found here: Flickr: Dragon69185 - 12-22-12 Goofing Off

Last edited: