GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Ultimate "Driver's" Road Trip

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
I put hid's in a truck before and took them out as soon as they started flickering. Wasn't trying to go to jail over a head light bulb :ROFLMAO:

Are we doing like a reverse modified cannon ball run now?
Lol that's what this whole thing was supposed to be. But my path is gonna take me up the PCH, across Oregon and Idaho, through Glacier NP, tunnel of trees in Michigan, some loop in Ohio, a drive in Kentucky, and then a straight shot to NH

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Also DeAutoLED said they've never had a failure before* 😳 my guess is they didn't like being run upward of 12+ hours a day for most of the 17 days

*I don't know the specifics of what they meant, but they said "... that is very odd - it would be a first and never seen this go out..." so they may specially mean the Mk6 low beam, but idk. Still good products.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
my guess is they didn't like being run upward of 12+ hours a day for most of the 17 days
That is trash

I think THIS is what you actually meant to install

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Idk what I’m looking at but did you swap polarity on the battery? Also not sure if 9v is sufficient, and maybe something around the contact area is melted?

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
That is trash

I think THIS is what you actually meant to install
Sure, you buying?
Also, those don't have the wicked cool VW logo in the headlight. I love easter eggs like that
IMG_20200602_201715.jpg

And I tried the battery both ways. I also tried it on the other one and well
IMG_20200602_213400.jpg

They're going to next day air me a set tomorrow for $30. I think that means I'm keeping the working one? They didn't ask for either back yet but I definitely want them to get the bad one, I love breaking products that shouldn't break and finding out what happened.
They also said that they're stress tested at higher temps 24/7 for a month, so these should not fail from 107° temps.
This actually brightened (ha) my night a bit, that code was starting to piss me off. Speaking of... Any takers on trying to do it for me? 😬 Or at the very least verify that this is the right site: app.obdeleven.com/redeem

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I just signed into my dashboard from your link. Well it took me to a google search then I clicked on OBD11 website then on another link and signed in.

I’m pretty sure I activated my code from the app. My iPhone didn’t have a pw saved for OBD11 and I would have used it to try and activate it if the app wasn’t working. Idk what’s going on with yours.

When I signed in it looked just like your screen shot except next to my name it says Pro.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Also is your code 12 Digits? Once you type in 12 digits it automatically searches for the code. Under 12 digits it doesn’t do anything. I remember you staying there was no enter button but you don’t need one.

Cole2999

Autocross Champion
Also is your code 12 Digits? Once you type in 12 digits it automatically searches for the code. Under 12 digits it doesn’t do anything. I remember you staying there was no enter button but you don’t need one.
Nope, mines only 10.
IMG_20200602_221448_MP.jpg

I figured it must be a system like that but I figured I'd trust the code. Guess I need a new code? Idk.

Also, the rep said I'm the first with a failure like this, that they've only had 2 warrantied failures in 5 years before me.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I don’t know why I still have this but I found my email with my pin on it. I have a 12 digit pin that was emailed to me. I don’t know if the code can be used again but I blocked out some digits.

05FE5F76-0338-4692-8DBD-53451DA81906.jpeg

Did you get an emailed code? Idk if I had one on my box. I don’t remember.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
That last names fits you well lol.
Hopefully they find out what went wrong with the LED since they never have issues with them.

**Edit this was in the email too

Use the instructions listed below to enter your Pro Code in the OBDeleven application.

Step 1: Click the menu icon in the top left hand corner of your OBDeleven application

Step 2: Click on "Profile" from the slide out menu

Step 3: Click on "Get PRO"

Step 4: Select the "I have activation code" checkbox

Step 5: Enter your Pro Code!

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
My app didnt have it (the get pro button in profile), I had to go onto the web portal.