GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thinking of getting a WRX

Bender1

Banned
No doubt. Way too many dash molesters here. If you value performance, get the Subie and don't look back. Let all the Audi and K04 GTI stuff fall on deaf ears.

When you do 75 miles a day, and 700 every other weekend, then you won't trade a decent interior for any sort of performance.

Noize

Go Kart Champion
When you do 75 miles a day, and 700 every other weekend, then you won't trade a decent interior for any sort of performance.

I definitely don't agree with that. All I need are great supportive seats and some technology that will allow me to connect my phone to the audio system and I can drive a long time.

I did 1200 miles in the GTI in two days, and I can't get the driver's seat to support my lower back correctly no matter how much I adjust. The lumbar support hits about 3" too high, and I start to feel uncomfortable after a couple hours.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
lol gotta love the upbadge mod. that always kills me :lol:

And the downbadge mod... how many Integras do you see that still have the Acura badges? "They're Honda when they're JDM yo" :laugh:

I definitely don't agree with that. All I need are great supportive seats and some technology that will allow me to connect my phone to the audio system and I can drive a long time.

I did 1200 miles in the GTI in two days, and I can't get the driver's seat to support my lower back correctly no matter how much I adjust. The lumbar support hits about 3" too high, and I start to feel uncomfortable after a couple hours.

I like the GTI seats, but I agree with ya... It's all about the seats, audio and a decent HVAC system. If these are all acceptable, I'm all set. The GTI's stearing wheel is nice though, but I for one, don't spend too much time squishing my soft touch dash with my fingertips while I'm driving my car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
becausesuperiorinterior

Bender1

Banned

I would add "and it can't be a rattle fest" to the mix which nixes the Rex for me (though some people have the same issue with their GTI).

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
GTI's seem to rattle almost as bad as WRX from what I've seen and heard.

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
I'm waiting for the wrx to get here. I will snap some pics and review after I drive it. Still don't know what to do, I don't know if I want to sacrafice my current comforts. Driving will change my mind, most likely. The one coming is silver, which I hate, I want black. All I really want/need is a decent stereo with bluetooth. I want it for pure driving satisfaction, its just that time in my life. And to answer your question I WILL NOT be one of those douche WRX drivers. I just want that aggressive driving experience & be able to auto-cross if I want to.

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
I'm waiting for the wrx to get here. I will snap some pics and review after I drive it. Still don't know what to do, I don't know if I want to sacrafice my current comforts. Driving will change my mind, most likely. The one coming is silver, which I hate, I want black. All I really want/need is a decent stereo with bluetooth. I want it for pure driving satisfaction, its just that time in my life. And to answer your question I WILL NOT be one of those douche WRX drivers. I just want that aggressive driving experience & be able to auto-cross if I want to.

YOU DO KNOW THAT A BRAND NEW WRX WILL ARRIVE BEFORE THE NEW GTI RIGHT? It is supposed to be a more powerful, more fuel efficient, and an immensely better looking car than the current WRX. What's the hurry? I would wait for the new WRX.

T is for TURBO

Ready to race!
WRX is a cheap fast car. But then you'd be a WRX driver, and no offense to those that drive them on here, but the peeps I know that have them (3 at my work alone) are total douchenozzles. They think that their shit doesn't stink cause they drive one. One guy even upbadged it to STI. It's ridiculous. It's a $25k car, not a damn Ferrari.

I hope you aren't like that. Then it's ok. Maybe its the boy racer looks or stigma. I dunno.

You say that as if there aren't any VW douchenozzels. I'd say the worst of both groups sit at the same level of "douchiness" and the quantity, at least in my area, is about the same as well

I've always wanted a wrx. I'm afraid to lose the fun/ torque of my gti. Just sick of the bs.
Sti may be out of my price range at the moment.

AWD > FWD. Especially once you start putting power to the wheels. It is a night and day difference. I dealt with a modded FWD turbo car for years, and I HATED feathering ALL of 1st and not being able to lay the hammer down until part way into 2nd gear. There is a reason why I converted it to AWD. I put a much bigger turbo on to boot. And it still has more grip than a high dollar hooker.

You won't loose any torque going to a WRX. Stock for stock that is. Since we ONLY compare apples to apples, right? ;)

*IF* interior is your thing, than the GTI is going to win in that department. Though I do find the seats in my buddy's bug eye really comfortable. But than again I'm not an interior-supremacist Nazi, so don't take my word for it :D

Last edited:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

You can autox your GTI. You can autox almost anything. The only time I ever won my class I was running novice (15 in the class) in my stock 1997 Civic. I wouldn't buy it if you don't like the color. Switching cars is typically a bad move financially, so don't do it unless you love what you're getting into.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
BT and stereos in WRX and STI are quite laughable....