GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Top 10 Mk7 Mods

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Only reason I didn’t add that stuff (all on my personal car) is not everyone drives these cars hard enough to justify or appreciate those mods.

I feel like this list applies to the masses, where a track enthusiast top ten would look much different and definitely more suspension/tire/brake oriented (I’ve got more money in those mods than the rest of the list)
Yeah I hear you. Still a good list. Going down the rabbit hole with suspension would ruin the car for most. I could have bought a well sorted miata with how much I've got in my suspension 😭

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ive got $5 towards Scott’s go fund me for BFI dogbone insert (if you subscribe to the channel 🧐)
where was this fund when I was saving for coilovers??? dang it!

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
What?! BFI insert is definitely the best $40 you can spend on this platform
Hell yeah it is! I installed one (BFI stage 1) a few weeks ago, and it has made the car feel much more connected and there is a lot less wheel hop. The NVH was a bit annoying at first, but after driving around for a bit and getting it broke in, it has subsided a lot and passengers don't even notice a thing.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
He could take Stija off the ignore list because he was banned quite a while ago.

Grey Hare1

It’s been asked for to compliment the Mods You’re Wasting Your Money On thread, link here:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/mods-youre-wasting-money-on.338972/

For those of you who hate YouTube for whatever reason here’s the cheat sheet to the homework, you’re welcome.

There’s lots more than just a scribbled list in the video, so if you’re the type to have tons of questions probably just listen to it like a pod cast and more than likely I covered them. The video is 100% just me talking, so don’t worry you’re not missing out on anything. This is just a non bias, no BS list of the first 10 issues I recommend addressing/modifications to get the most your Mk7/7.5 Gti or R. The list would be slightly different for 1.8T guys, so if you feel left out maybe I’ll do a separate one for them.

Full disclosure: As with anything, some people like to argue just for the sake of arguing and jump at the chance to undermined me every chance they get. To them I’d say write your own thread and let this one help people who genuinely want advice from someone with lots of MQB experience. Just to possibly nip that in the butt here’s my ignore list for reference of who to expect that from:

Also, yes “Driver Mod” should be number one on the list, but this is an actual list of things to enhance the car itself.
Tires and suspension should be 1 and 2. The rest will not wo4k if you don’t do that first.

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
It’s been asked for to compliment the Mods You’re Wasting Your Money On thread, link here:

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/mods-youre-wasting-money-on.338972/

For those of you who hate YouTube for whatever reason here’s the cheat sheet to the homework, you’re welcome.

There’s lots more than just a scribbled list in the video, so if you’re the type to have tons of questions probably just listen to it like a pod cast and more than likely I covered them. The video is 100% just me talking, so don’t worry you’re not missing out on anything. This is just a non bias, no BS list of the first 10 issues I recommend addressing/modifications to get the most your Mk7/7.5 Gti or R. The list would be slightly different for 1.8T guys, so if you feel left out maybe I’ll do a separate one for them.

Full disclosure: As with anything, some people like to argue just for the sake of arguing and jump at the chance to undermined me every chance they get. To them I’d say write your own thread and let this one help people who genuinely want advice from someone with lots of MQB experience. Just to possibly nip that in the butt here’s my ignore list for reference of who to expect that from:

Also, yes “Driver Mod” should be number one on the list, but this is an actual list of things to enhance the car itself.
Excellent. I’ve done 1-8 and have stopped there. I have done a few other suspension/chassis upgrades as well as some interior and exterior mods.