GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waiting For My GTD - share the pain

NathanToonn

im going direct to the dealer to see if they have a clearer idea of things, not sure i trust this tracker, and for the text alerts i signed up and havent received any messages yet the vw tracker itself has changed when i put in the order number. Having sold my mk6 in order to deposit for the GTD im stuck with a Citreon Belingo van with 160k on the clock which is used for my girlfriends horse stables!. I might jump on ebay and buy a mk4 tdi for the mean time ;) lol.

BaGTD

I ordered my flat black, 5 door, manual on 02.01.2014 and still have not got a build week confirmed, the dealer has advised that it had been put back four weeks, even before it was confirmed - I know the car will be worth the wait, but I am heading for six months plus before I get it.

wobbler

Ready to race!
Called my dealer this afternoon. He reckons that there are over 700 cars at the port waiting to be shipped so it's the luck of the draw. He says i should get a text to say which boat my car will be on. Waiting with anticipation......

mon2s

Ready to race!
I got a text this morning saying my car is at stage 5b (shipping) so hopefully not long now.

As we are both wk16 build and mine seemed to race though the shipping process, (its been at Grimsby since Monday) you can take some comfort from the fact that it apparently won't go on a transporter to my dealer until next Weds!!

Less than a 7 days from production line all the way to the UK and then 10 days to get from Grimsby to the dealer.

wobbler

Ready to race!
As we are both wk16 build and mine seemed to race though the shipping process, (its been at Grimsby since Monday) you can take some comfort from the fact that it apparently won't go on a transporter to my dealer until next Weds!!

Less than a 7 days from production line all the way to the UK and then 10 days to get from Grimsby to the dealer.
Did you get an email to say which ship your car was on?

mon2s

Ready to race!
No. I had three emails once it was built - one when it left the factory, one when it reached Emden and one when it was on the boat. Then you get the arrived in the UK status.

Luckily my dealer is making up for the slow transport from the port by having the car ready for me to collect the day after they receive it - so next Thurs is the long awaited big day!! 5 more sleeps....

redbutcher

Ready to race!
Luckily my dealer is making up for the slow transport from the port by having the car ready for me to collect the day after they receive it - so next Thurs is the long awaited big day!! 5 more sleeps....

That's great news - looking forward to some pics :).

NathanToonn

So whos had delivery ?? if so i think its only right you post some pics. Something to dribble over. Havent seen many interior shots though.

My build week commences Sunday (11/05/14), should i expect delivery a month after this date ??.

Im really keen on the idea of getting the car detailed, a lot of these companies are calling it new car protection (250-300 quids worth of work).
Is it worth it?

Seen several GTD'S in the Harlow Essex area and A414, Whites, reds and blacks!, could it be you ? lol ;). If so take another route... im getting jealous.

Meringueboy

So whos had delivery ?? if so i think its only right you post some pics. Something to dribble over. Havent seen many interior shots though.

My build week commences Sunday (11/05/14), should i expect delivery a month after this date ??.

Im really keen on the idea of getting the car detailed, a lot of these companies are calling it new car protection (250-300 quids worth of work).
Is it worth it?

Seen several GTD'S in the Harlow Essex area and A414, Whites, reds and blacks!, could it be you ? lol ;). If so take another route... im getting jealous.

Nathan

The tracker is telling me build commences on Sunday as well, my contract hire companies tracker tells me I will get the car on 13th June, that seems to fit with what most people have said as an average delivery time from build

Jamie

GTD184

Ready to race!
Hmmmm mine was Bw16 still stuck on emden port.

My wife's GTD was BW17 and she received an update from the VW tracker this morning to confirm her car had arrived in the UK:)......should take a further week to get to the dealer and a couple of days after that for hand over:D....so all going good she is looking at 20/05......my birthday!!!!:rolleyes:

GTD184

Ready to race!
My wife's GTD was BW17 and she received an update from the VW tracker this morning to confirm her car had arrived in the UK:)......should take a further week to get to the dealer and a couple of days after that for hand over:D....so all going good she is looking at 20/05......my birthday!!!!:rolleyes:

I shouldnt have spoke too soon!......VW tracker update confirmed that the wife's GTD has arrived at the dealers this morning:D.......2.5 weeks from build to delivery, quite impressed:)