GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waiting For My GTD - share the pain

paultwdavey

Passed Driver's Ed
I shouldnt have spoke too soon!......VW tracker update confirmed that the wife's GTD has arrived at the dealers this morning:D.......2.5 weeks from build to delivery, quite impressed:)

Wow, that was quick from the UK to the dealer!
Mine was also confirmed as in the UK yesterday morning. Nothing to say it's arrived at the dealer today though :(

We're going to choose a numberplate tomorrow and arrange a collection day though. Soooo excited! Never had a brand new car before!

I will be sad to see my existing Passat go though :(

NathanToonn

I shouldnt have spoke too soon!......VW tracker update confirmed that the wife's GTD has arrived at the dealers this morning:D.......2.5 weeks from build to delivery, quite impressed:)

Thats brilliant progress , im sure VW are starting to get quicker with these GTD'S. I better start getting the drive way cleared for mine !, all being good by tracker will change to "build in progress" around the 11th as scheduled and then "in transit" a week later ... (in and ideal world).

2 and half weeks from build though is brilliant , you dont even get a whole chicken in the supermarket as fresh as that ;)

Ian91

Ready to race!
Still waiting for my tracker to change!

Am I the only person who checks their tracker every day?

Golf GT, 1.4TSi ACT 150PS limestone ordered 8th March still showing stage 2 of 7 - Your order is with the factory and is currently being scheduled for production.

paultwdavey

Passed Driver's Ed

Golf GT, 1.4TSi ACT 150PS limestone ordered 8th March still showing stage 2 of 7 - Your order is with the factory and is currently being scheduled for production.

Nope. I open it as soon as I get to work and refresh it periodically. I also have it open in Safari on my phone, which I check on when I make tea or have to wait around for someone.

I'm off to pick a numberplate and arrange a collection date today!

Mine is in the UK already :)

Last edited:

Ian91

Ready to race!
Let us know how many number plates you have a choice of, I know some dealers just allocate a number plate with no choice of the last three letters.

Chris43

Go Kart Champion

Turn on text alerts. They come automatically when the tracker status updates, I never actually reached stage 7. I have to admit I was also a tracker slave whilst waiting for mine.

The tracker is a cruel and unforgiving Mistress !

paultwdavey

Passed Driver's Ed
I had another text this morning to say my car was in the UK, even though I had the same message and tracker update on Tuesday!

Ian91

Ready to race!
Text alert

Is the the text alert linked to the tracking order number, cannot see this on the VW website for track my order?

Ian91

Ready to race!
Answer to my own question

Is the the text alert linked to the tracking order number, cannot see this on the VW website for track my order?

Answer: I phoned VW helpline apparently this feature has been temporarily removed from the website due to a technical problem but will return when fixed. In the mean time just using the website track my order!

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
I had another text this morning to say my car was in the UK, even though I had the same message and tracker update on Tuesday!

That happened to me, my car reached the dealer a couple of days later. I never got the stage 7 text.

I think you're wait is coming to an end !!

paultwdavey

Passed Driver's Ed
Let us know how many number plates you have a choice of, I know some dealers just allocate a number plate with no choice of the last three letters.

There were 20-25 plates on the list. Some had already gone though.
We've got out collection date now though!! Thursday this week!!

Car was apparently in the dealer when we went in yesterday. Our sales lady wouldn't let us have a peak though!

breeza

There were 20-25 plates on the list. Some had already gone though.
We've got out collection date now though!! Thursday this week!!

Car was apparently in the dealer when we went in yesterday. Our sales lady wouldn't let us have a peak though!

Which dealer is it that gave you the choice of plate? Want to quote it to mine as they say they won't allow me to choose as its not allowed any more.