GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Phur

Autocross Champion
I ended up with a bruised hand for a few days after doing mine the "stuff it in there and hope you can wiggle it" method

Y'all ever messed around with DA polishing? I bought the stuff to do it back last year, wanted to do it to the Saab before selling it, and never got around to it. There's a couple of scuffs/marks I could probably take out.
If you polish a couple of areas, they likely won’t match. The difference when you remove swirl marks is pretty dramatic. What color is your car? I recommend Forensic Detailing and AmmoNYC videos on YouTube. They are a wealth of knowledge.
Make sure that you clay before you polish. Otherwise you will be installing more scratches when the contaminants in the paint end up in your polishing pad. A diluted mix of Isopropyl Alcohol works really well to remove the oils that are left behind from the polish. These can fill in a bit of scratches and holograms. If you don’t see them now, and seal on top, you will need to remove all of the work to try to get them out.

Edition 35 bumper?

Hells yeah! Love it!

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Y'all ever messed around with DA polishing? I bought the stuff to do it back last year, wanted to do it to the Saab before selling it, and never got around to it. There's a couple of scuffs/marks I could probably take out.

I use a Harbor Freight DA polisher and Mequire's 205 followed buy another Mequire's compound but can't remember the #. Comes out looking like a mirror.

You can see the mirror in this picture

PhthaloType

Go Kart Champion
Joined the red-top club:

Now I know why so many people leave their engine covers off. Alas, I'm unwilling to put up with the DI noise, so mine went back on afterward.

Bonus pic: Old spark plug condition. Almost exactly 40k miles old (they're from before I had the car, but the service was mentioned in the Carfax history).

torga

Autocross Champion
I do a two day detail on mine once a year. Polish is one of the MANY steps. Why? Do you have questions?
bless you sir. I don't have it in me, I spray mine with a hose maybe once a month then go hoon down the highway to dry it off.
I live in Seattle now, so I imagine I'll start to get pretty discouraged trying to keep my car clean.

Previously in the desert, I could regularly make a wash last for at least a week, just needed the occasional dusting. My record is 22 days.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I live in Seattle now, so I imagine I'll start to get pretty discouraged trying to keep my car clean.

Previously in the desert, I could regularly make a wash last for at least a week, just needed the occasional dusting. My record is 22 days.

Get that ceramic coat, water won't be an issue. Just a little dust left behind.

torga

Autocross Champion
Get that ceramic coat, water won't be an issue. Just a little dust left behind.
Eh, my bumper and hood have 127k miles of chips and schmutz. If I do a ceramic coat, it'll be if I repaint those sections. And idk if I ever want to, if I'm honest. Looks fine to me at a distance and she still cleans up nice.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Complaining about Seattle and dirty cars is a big ole LOL. Trying living in the midest or, worse, Canada.

torga

Autocross Champion
Complaining about Seattle and dirty cars is a big ole LOL. Trying living in the midest or, worse, Canada.
I'm just assuming the frequent sprinkles will just continuously mess up a wash job, causing me to break out the detail spray.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car sounds better with the soundaktor disconnected. You can hear more turbo noise. You can disconnect it by hand under the rain cowl or disable it in VCDS if you ever feel like giving it a try.
mine's disconnected. where in VCDS do you go to kill the soundaktor again?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Last time someone did that to me I was hours deep into the detail. They said that and I just stopped and stared at him. I was so worn out I had nothing to say. Eventually he was like, okay it was just a joke.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Last time someone did that to me I was hours deep into the detail. They said that and I just stopped and stared at him. I was so worn out I had nothing to say. Eventually he was like, okay it was just a joke.
Resting bitch face is the only appropriate reaction. That is usually my reaction to everything though. 😂😒