GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pioneer AVIC-D3

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
I have the d2 and i love it, only problem is with the d3, you lose the mechanical screen, and the d2 has a dvd-rom AND cd slot. So you wont be able to navigate and listen to a cd at the same time. the color matching buttons is a plus though. I really love my d2.

more info at avic411.com

I don't see a problem with this. I'll hook up my iPod for music and will probably rarely use the DVD slot. I really want it for the nav and the direct iPod control. The DVD and Divx capability might be nice every now and then, but I'll use the nav much more.

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
The only thing that I worry about is some fucker stealing the damn thing, the vw sercurity system is bunk, and I talked to my dealer about the warranty if I were to install a security system and they said it would be voided, the bastards.

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
If you watch the vid they say that the ipod controls are very similar to the one on the actual ipod. I personally don't want to have to reach into my glove box to change play lists ect ect ect, I alreayd find it to be a pain in the arse doing it with the aux jack

stangg172006

____ like a Rabbit.
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit S
The only thing that I worry about is some fucker stealing the damn thing, the vw sercurity system is bunk, and I talked to my dealer about the warranty if I were to install a security system and they said it would be voided, the bastards.

thats why you get 5% tint all around :tongue:

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
Today is finally the day. I have an appointment at 9 am to get the D3 installed. I'll take some pics and post them tonight when I get home. I'm also having my JL 500/1 and 12" Ascendant Audio sub installed so it will be nice to have some bass again. I can't wait.

edison_GTI

Candy White FTW
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Today is finally the day. I have an appointment at 9 am to get the D3 installed. I'll take some pics and post them tonight when I get home. I'm also having my JL 500/1 and 12" Ascendant Audio sub installed so it will be nice to have some bass again. I can't wait.

Please do, I want to see a D3 installed.

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
I posted all the full size images on my website. http://www.uberjeff.net Here are a couple....

If there is any specific view you want to see, let me know and I'll take some more pictures.

edison_GTI

Candy White FTW
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Noiiiiice !!!!!!, I guess some day light picture would be good too.

How do you like the iPod interface? That's the only thing I don't like about my D2.

Did you get the unit bypassed? If so, how did you do it?

Last edited:

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
I'll take some more pictures today. My car is filthy and it needs to be cleaned first. Its not bypassed yet. I'll probably get around to it eventually. I really like the iPod interface. I find it very intuitive, and since it has direct control it seems much faster than my old Alpine that had a brain box. The first thing I need to do is adjust the night brightness setting. It was so bright it was blinding me on the way home last night. Overall I'm very pleased so far.

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
I was going to get the bluetooth but my dealer was out of the units. I'll be going back for that sometime in the next few weeks. I'm probably going to hold off on the XM/Sirius for a little while to see what happens with the proposed merger. Ideally I'd like Sirius programming with XM's navtraffic. Maybe it will be a reality in some not too distant future.

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
Oooooohhhhh merger?????? This is the first I have heard of this, what is the deal what is going on, sirius and xm are going to become one company?????

They are trying. The real test will be regulatory approval. I can't believe that story didn't make the business news in Canada. It was a big deal down here.