GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pioneer AVIC-D3

MCDGexx

Future Navy Corpsmen
won't happen, govt won't let them monopolize, grab Sirius, its better anyway :)

Direct Tv and Dish already tried it, shot down by congress

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
Noiiiiice !!!!!!, I guess some day light picture would be good too.

How do you like the iPod interface? That's the only thing I don't like about my D2.

Did you get the unit bypassed? If so, how did you do it?

Ask and you shall receive...there are a couple more full size ones on my website. http://www.uberjeff.net

andrewt

Autocross Champion
I was going to get the bluetooth but my dealer was out of the units. I'll be going back for that sometime in the next few weeks. I'm probably going to hold off on the XM/Sirius for a little while to see what happens with the proposed merger. Ideally I'd like Sirius programming with XM's navtraffic. Maybe it will be a reality in some not too distant future.

if i were you, i'd just get something now. the merger still needs to be approved, and after that, they'll need to work out the logistics of the merger. i wouldn't think anything would change for well over a year. they've also said that no one will need to buy new equipment (i'm not sure whether or not to believe them).

DahlbackRSI

You wouldn't happen to know where to tap in for the speed signal wire would you? I'm not worried about the reverse wire since I don't plan on doing the backup camera but I've read that in order to get 3D mapping you need to have the speed signal hooked up.

jch0707

Nuts for Wrangler butts
can you watch dvd's while you are driving? i talked to a dealer that said there is some speed sensor that doesn't let you when you are going over 20mph

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie

DahlbackRSI

You can bypass the unit so that you can watch dvd's while driving, you have to ground the parking brake wire and move the mute wire into the pin directly above it and ground it also. Go to AVIC411.com they have lots of technical info.

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
You wouldn't happen to know where to tap in for the speed signal wire would you? I'm not worried about the reverse wire since I don't plan on doing the backup camera but I've read that in order to get 3D mapping you need to have the speed signal hooked up.

I don't know. It seemed to give the installer some problems too. They hadn't done a nav unit in one of our cars yet. I think they called the dealer.

edison_GTI

Candy White FTW
Car(s)
2006 GTI

White wire with purple stripe, cluster harness (behind the cluster).