GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pioneer AVIC-D3

DahlbackRSI

Haven't tried watching a movie and navigating yet. For installation you'll need the vehicle specific wiring harness, antenna adapter, and installation kit (bezel or faceplate that holds the unit in place). Also for illumination and accessory wiring you'll need a bit of extra wire. I ran my accessory wire to the fuse panel and the illumination wire to the headlight switch.

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
What happens if you are using memory mode, and watching a dvd on a long trip. You miss your turn. Will the unit recalculate a new route for you or will you have to take the dvd out and stick in the maps dvd?

It will automatically calculate a new route for you.. sometimes it will ask you to reinsert the disk because it doesn't know... but if you keep on driving it will eventually figure it out

nogti4now

Custom User Title Here
Car(s)
07 gti
i have it, i had the d2 but the moving screen jammed in the down position, sent it back, got a d3 had it installed at usp and it works great only things i dont like SO FAR is that the nav disk has to be removed for a cd to be put in, and the ugly pionner droop that ive seen on every mk5 but i think thats metra's fault...so all in all its ballin, and to fix that cd nav disk problem im just gonna get an ipod, and put all the music i like on that, or just toss a 6disk cd changer .

nogti4now

Custom User Title Here
Car(s)
07 gti
Here's some pictures of the AVIC-D3 installed. So far I love it. Does everything you would want for a decent price.

:thumbup: lloks nice, wat doudle din is that? i have metra and it droops n looks sloppy

DahlbackRSI

I'm not sure what kit it is. Its whatever tweeter had in stock. What do you mean by droop? When I first installed it the upper portion of the kit was saggin in the center right above where you put the cd in but I found that it was because the center dash molding has little tabs that where pushing on it so I just used a razor blade and cut them off and the sag went away.

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
does anyone know if you install a aftermarket stereo you will be unable to vagcom the car or go in for dealer service, I am thinkin of buying the d3 but want to know that everything will still be ok with service or vagcom later down the road.

nogti4now

Custom User Title Here
Car(s)
07 gti
^^nope, no reason there should be problems with either.

Boonedock82

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 MKV
does anyone know if you install a aftermarket stereo you will be unable to vagcom the car or go in for dealer service, I am thinkin of buying the d3 but want to know that everything will still be ok with service or vagcom later down the road.

As long as the instal is done properly, if its not there is a diagnostic wire that runs to the radio that needs to be grounded if its not it will fry a scan tool and well your dealer wont be all that happy with you if that happens! The cables from ross tech have a fuse in them so they will save themselfs, but from what I have read about them the VW ones don't so make sure you know your shit if you are doing the install or make sure you take it to someone who does!

MKvUltra

I'm chasing perfection
Car(s)
your mom
Thanks man just wnted to finalize my choice of head units, also does anyone know if there is a wiring diagram for the avic for the GTI and as well as the steering wheel controls?

facko

I have a question to the dask kit. How did you work it out? it looks realy good. i will buy the avic f900 bt and also want this dash kit with the small chap. do you have a guide so that i can build this?

greetings from germany