GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pioneer AVIC-D3

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
It looks as if it sticks out a little... is this the case or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
Its beveled in slightly just outside the stereo so it looks like it sticks out more than it really does. Looking up close it just barely sticks out. Maybe a millimeter or 2....

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie
D3 just arrived ladies and gents... hope to install it this weekend even though i'm giong to be very very busy... will post pics.. later guys

Turbo GTI

Autocross Newbie

GTeye

Ready to race!
its been a week or two lets see some pics!

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
The only thing that I worry about is some fucker stealing the damn thing, the vw sercurity system is bunk, and I talked to my dealer about the warranty if I were to install a security system and they said it would be voided, the bastards.

They said they would void your warrenty if you had a security system installed...? :confused:

I'd find a new dealer~

DahlbackRSI

Here's some pictures of the AVIC-D3 installed. So far I love it. Does everything you would want for a decent price.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.JPG
    IMG_0796.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_0798.JPG
    IMG_0798.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 836
  • IMG_0800.JPG
    IMG_0800.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 833
  • IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_0801.JPG
    IMG_0801.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,600
  • IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 847

GTeye

Ready to race!
Just curious cause im about to buy the d3 was curious if when you guys installed it in your GTI's you needed any extra cables.. or did they all come with the product itself?

uberGTI

Passed Mr. Ed
Car(s)
2008 R32
Just curious cause im about to buy the d3 was curious if when you guys installed it in your GTI's you needed any extra cables.. or did they all come with the product itself?

I didn't do my own install, but I'm sure you will need a European antenna adapter at the bare minimum.

ketchupfreak

Go Kart Champion
What happens if you are using memory mode, and watching a dvd on a long trip. You miss your turn. Will the unit recalculate a new route for you or will you have to take the dvd out and stick in the maps dvd?

GTeye

Ready to race!
What happens if you are using memory mode, and watching a dvd on a long trip. You miss your turn. Will the unit recalculate a new route for you or will you have to take the dvd out and stick in the maps dvd?

Curious about that too...