GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ESP, XDS, DSR, ASR, Brake Assist, Hill Hold Control Settings Vag-Com

Deaks2

Ready to race!
Yes, it seems it was not approved by VWoA. The US has probably one of the highest number of lawyers in the world. In the article I posted above you can read that in some BMW's and Audi's in the USA you can turn it off completely but probably it will also not last too long and it's gonna change in the next few years.
Corrected.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
one thing though - does anyone know if i disable traction control (via the button on the dash) does the XDS deactivate too? i have 2 stage traction/ESP so i can switch my ESP off unlike some earlier cars. if i deactivate the ESP doe the XDS switch off too?

US/CAN version; the ESP named button, when press for 2s, will fully desactive ASR and cut ESP to around +/- 20%.

At this state; ESP/XDS part stay active.

Also, I guess the % required to provoque ESP auto-stabiliter part into work is higher, by angle of the car/steering wheel angle and of course, the traction lost %.

Correct me if im wrong, this is how I see that.

The question now is ; if XDS is set to 2, does it stay 2 if u desactive ESP button? My guess is yes...

michal

Go Kart Champion
The question now is ; if XDS is set to 2, does it stay 2 if u desactive ESP button? My guess is yes...

From what I remember ESP and XDS work together (they share the same sensors) but I do not think that partial deactivating ESP system changes locked XDS settings. So if you set your XDS to 2 it should stay at 2.

Bruno2000

Ready to race!
Exactly, its why my guess on it is also 2.

kulka89

Ready to race!
VW doesn't want you to slide in the snow :(

2012 MT - holding the button for 2-3 sec ASR Off. holding it longer than say 15 sec it started to go on and off

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
Brake Assist setting 2 is causing random stalling for me. Mostly on hills and mostly with heavy braking. Pedal shudders and engine drops to 500rpm before shutting down.

Autotech mount is installed - could be compounding upon this issue. Going back to stock tomorrow.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
My low tire pressure light is flashing but all my tires are good. Hoping it isn't because of these new settings!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

P

plac

My low tire pressure light is flashing but all my tires are good. Hoping it isn't because of these new settings!
k

naw. cuz of the cold. if you want it gone bump them all to 40 even. don't knwo what you normally run. or just press the set button if your car has one.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
naw. cuz of the cold. if you want it gone bump them all to 40 even. don't knwo what you normally run. or just press the set button if your car has one.

No I checked all pressures at temp and at cold. I'm good. It's been flashing since Saturday. Since I'm still under warranty I'm taking it in tomorrow, I figure I'll let them check it before I mess with stuff in vagcom

michal

Go Kart Champion
No I checked all pressures at temp and at cold. I'm good. It's been flashing since Saturday. Since I'm still under warranty I'm taking it in tomorrow, I figure I'll let them check it before I mess with stuff in vagcom

Is it flashing for about 30 sec and then stays solid? If yes and you have a 2010 it's an update for the module which should fix it. Go to your dealer.

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
Is it flashing for about 30 sec and then stays solid? If yes and you have a 2010 it's an update for the module which should fix it. Go to your dealer.

That's already been done. But anyway it stays flashing. Won't go solid until five minutes later, if it ever goes solid.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

From what I remember ESP and XDS work together (they share the same sensors) but I do not think that partial deactivating ESP system changes locked XDS settings. So if you set your XDS to 2 it should stay at 2.

I changed XDS to 2 today and road tested on a twisty hill road with ESP turned off with the button (so, not off, but "off") LOL

I definitely felt a difference, understeer almost disappeared and tire sequel was greatly reduced as well. Car felt solid and stable. Gonna see how it feels just around town over the next couple weeks. I might leave it at stock normally and then just swap it to STRONG when I am going to do some hard driving.

kevinadamsvw

Ready to race!

flashing means there is a fault stored..

if its on and solid then you have a low tire...

id take it to a dealer and see what fault is in it.

-J.M.G.-

Passed Driver's Ed
I just want to share what I found yesterday when playing with VCDS software.
Maybe it will be helpful for some of you guys. Mostly for those who track their cars and want less electronic assist. I'm not encouraging anyone to change the stock settings, so if you want to change something proceed at your own risk.

In VCDS Select Control Module, go to 03 ABS Brakes, then 10 Adaptation, go to Channel:

Channel 09 Brake Assist
There are 3 settings for this
0-center (stock setting)
1-small
2-hard
I tasted this one and finally locked it in value 2. I think the brake pedal and the whole system are more sensitive. My car was not braking any better but I did not have to push down the brake pedal as low as before and as hard as before to start braking.

Channel 36 XDS
There are 3 settings
0-center (stock setting)
1-weak
2-strong

Channel 54 DSR
There are 3 settings
0-strong (stock setting)
1-center
2-weak

Channel 58 Hill Hold Assist
There are 3 settings
0-normal
1-early (start with low RPM's)
2-late (start with high RPM's and slipping clutch)

Channel 89 ASR
Two settings
1-on (stock setting)
2-off
I tried to turn it off, the new setting was saved but after I disconnected and connected the vag com cable to check it out it was set back to value 1-“on” . So, I think it's not possible to turn it off with the VCDS software.

Channel 90 ESP
Two settings
1-on (stock setting)
2-off
The same thing as with the ASR. I was able to turn it off but it was set back to “on” setting after disconnecting and connecting the vag com cable.
Channel 91 Automatic, ESP switch on, Speed
There are 4 boxes 1-Automatic, 2-ESP switch on, 3-Speed, 4-Deactivated (this setting can be changed)
Boxes 1 to 3 describe probably condition which are already programmed
Two settings
0-Deactivated (stock setting)
1-Enabled

I enabled it and I could not feel any difference (but I was not driving my car very hard anyway). I only found some info that our ESP system is activated automatically after we drive at speed above 30 km/h (19 mph) and I have no idea what enabling it can do. It does not make sense that with the ESP switch on, and driving above 19 mph it’s automatically deactivated (stock setting) Maybe it’s just deactivated when driving below 19 mph, so if when enabled it’s also turned on below that speed. Any thoughts?
Please post your impressions if you test any of these settings. Thanks.

Wow, good news, and good work !!

Thank you !!