GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Focus ST First Drive (Taking Stabs at the GTI)

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
seats are cool, doubt well get those here. + interior is just......ford...

Surprisingly, one of the design guys or whatever stated explicitly that their intention is to offer this car the same way in all markets...no variation across suspension, power, interior, features, etc... I hope they follow through with that and force companies like VW to rethink that strategy.

Twitchy1

I have actually been driving a 2012 5 door Focus while my GTI is in the repair shop. I think it is not that bad, but the front feels cramped. If they had integrated the controls for the electronics into the radio like the GTI they could have saved a lot of room.

Halvie

WOOSA
Configurator is live.
http://bp3.ford.com/2013-Ford-Focus-ST#/Models

-Standard boost gauge
-Standard 18" wheels and summer tires
-Optional partial leather Recaro sport seats with either orange, blue, or black fabric inserts
-Optional full leather Recaro sport seats
-Optional Xenon headlights
-Optional moonroof *COUGH* Mazdaspeed3 *COUGH*
-Optional Sync touch screen nav, sat radio, Sony audio, etc

252 Horsepower, 270 ft-lb torque
$24,495 starting price which includes destination charge

A friend just bought a loaded Titanium Focus and it's very nice inside. I don't see why people are crying about the interior. It is every bit as nice, albeit more edgy and less conventional, than the GTI's interior.

This is going to be one hell of a little car. Powerful out of the box, great tuning potential, good starting price. If I were looking for a new car right now this would place very high on my list and would likely edge out the GTI (pending a test drive of course).

Agree. Days of VW having a huge advantage with interior material quality is long over. They certainly don't have the power advantage. Looks is about all that is left. Seriously hope they keep up with that trend for the mkvii.

chilli42

Ready to race!
Surprisingly, one of the design guys or whatever stated explicitly that their intention is to offer this car the same way in all markets...no variation across suspension, power, interior, features, etc... I hope they follow through with that and force companies like VW to rethink that strategy.

The link is the actual US version!

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
nice numbers...but it's still ford. The only thing I'd trust from them is a nice mustang like shelby, iacocca, etc. :D

tribecagolf

Ready to race!
Quoting one of the posters there - "If you're buying a $29,000 Focus, you're a moron.".
I kind of agree with him. Ford makes good cars but it's a Focus.

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
Quoting one of the posters there - "If you're buying a $29,000 Focus, you're a moron.".

Some people would argue the same about buying a 37k dollar (or even a 29k dollar) Golf.

ehancock

Ready to race!

But you're not a moron for buying a $36k golf with stability control that can't be turned off?

Please. Lol

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

This is retarded...

So buying an STI is like buying a 40k dollar Impreza,

and an EVO is a 42k Lancer?

krische

vdubber in training
Agree. Days of VW having a huge advantage with interior material quality is long over. They certainly don't have the power advantage. Looks is about all that is left. Seriously hope they keep up with that trend for the mkvii.

Yep, VW is trying to become #1, but they have a giant target on their back.

McQueen77

Banned
not in the slightest. talk to me in like 8 years and ill still be on the mk6 forum, asking people how to fix the plethora of ultra-expensive failing parts on my kraut wagon and you guys will all be on your 10th cars or something. so fickle.

NathanDetroit

Ready to race!
definitely would have given it a test drive, most likely would not have purchased it.

i've never been partial to Ford...