GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello and welcome. Introduce yourselves here

Alizzo

Ready to race!
New to the site & 1st time GTI owner.

Hello All.

I'm brand new to the site. Had plenty of different cars over the years & finally got my first VW the other day. I got a 2010 GTI. It's the 6-Speed Automatic w/DSG. I have to say, I love this car.

I'm definitely gonna be doing some mods in the coming months, gonna let this higher car payment sink in first, save up for my upcoming wedding, and then get to it.

Here are some pics of it with my first DIY mod that I did, de-badgning it.

(Took the pics with my iPhone around evening time, I'll post better ones as I add more to the car)

twnsndr

Hello

I'm not new to the VW scene. I have owned many air cooled and water cooled. Purchased my New 2010 GTI back in November 2009. I have been on VWVortex for a while.

Currently I own 1998 wolfsburg Jetta, 2003 Eurovan, and of course 2010 GTI. I have owned 1967 bug, 1970 bug, 1969 Karmen Ghia, 1985 Golf and a Porsche 914 which is basically a VW.
One of my son's owns a 1996 GTI VR6.

I also ride a 2010 HD Ultra Classic Limited.

I do my own work on all my vehicles.

Gekicker08

Hello all, I've never driven nor have I ever sat in a GTI, but, due to the hype and look of this thing I'm very interested in getting into one. So any advice on the options and specs of a new GTI would be greatly appreciated. Name is Dylan by the way. This is what I'm currently driving, laughing at, complimenting and general opinions welcome. I have tough skin so go for broke on this father-son resto.

tokki

hey all,
im new to the whole car scene, just got a 2010 cw manual. it's a beautiful machine haha. Anyways, i hope to learn a lot from this forum.

Firestem4

Ready to race!
Hi all,

The name is Kevin, I've been dreaming about getting a GTI ever since i really discovered it a year ago. I'm looking to purchase one soon! I'm hoping by the end of the year if things go well.

Been reading a lot on this forum lately which has also helped me realize just how much the GTI offers over any other car that I could afford.

I'm also from SoCal (Ventura County). If anyone in the area wants to do something let me know! I also ride motorcycles and always willing to go on a ride.

MeineMK6

New to the Thread!

Hey my name is David, I'm new to the thread as well as compact cars after just purchasing my new '10 GTI. I have always been a fan of VW and finally have one of my own. I started off driving a Chevy truck, didn't interest me much at all. Now that i have a GTI i have a sudden urge for learning about mods and everything there is to know about my car. I'm looking to add a cool air intake for starters. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Justinjor

Ready to race!
Welcome guys/gals! Your first and best mod (bang for the buck) is to do a stage 1 chip. APR is pretty popular, as is Revo, and some others. Do some research and figure out which one best suits your needs.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Hello my fellow dubbers! Quailallstar (Michael) here and I've had Volkswagen vehicles for as long as I could freaking remember :) I'm over on Vwvortex, TDIClub & Myturbodiesel.com under the name of Quailallstar as well.

I posted my official first post here: Quailallstar's official 2011Volkswagen Golf 2,0 TDI thread

This forum is awesome and a nice mix of members from all over the world; I like it a lot.

xcheck08

Passed Driver's Ed

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum and to VW. Just bought my first GTI, cw, 2dr after waiting FIVE MONTHS!... but it was worth the wait.. so far, I love it! Can't wait to break it in... :happyanim:

KennyMac

Just wanted to say hello

Hi everyone my name is Kenny, I'm from near Cleveland OH, I'm one of the areas most well know VW enthusiasts, I have a totally modded 98 Beetle, the wifes now has my 09 Jetta sportwagen, and I have just purchased a 2011 Candy White GTI, haven't even got the 30 day tag off and have disabled the drl's, enabled the windows to work with the factory remote, and changed out the wheels for a set of MSW type16 18x8" black wheels, I have a few things to do to my Bug over the winter but then the GTI will be a new project but still a daily driver. Did I mention that I love Vdubs, but appreciate all types of tastefully done tuners.

Attachments

• DSC_1594_01.JPG
    DSC_1594_01.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

koalajiang

hi all

i am a GTI fan. Because some of reasons, i have no cars right now. i wish to get a new GTI mk6 next year. I really learn a lot from this forum, thank you guys very much.

Hi All,

Just placed an order for a brand new Golf GTI Mark VI. 3 door version. Some options I was fortunate enough to obtain without waiting to get it factory-fitted!

1. 18" Detroit Alloys
2. Pearlescent Black Mica Paint
3. Vienna Leather Trim
4. iPod Connectivity
5. RNS-510 Sat Nav
6. Rear Camera (Genuine)
7. Complimentary Black Euro Premium plates

I am absolutely stoked with the total price (corporate discount). The dealer advised me delivery of the car will likely be Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

Inchcape Automotive (Denlo) are an absolute pleasure to deal with.

The waiting game is starting... Michael

storM1

Hi Everybody

My name is Kenneth and i live in Belgium. I'm 21 years of age.
Joined this forum so i could learn certain things and share pictures with all of you!
This afternoon i went to the VW dealer to order my first VW (previous Opel Corsa sh!t)
After 3 years of saving for a 1.4T with 122 horses, here's my option list:

1. Leather Vienna
2. Bi-Xenon
3. RNS310
4. PDC Front and rear
5. R taillights
6. 18" Vancouver's
7. Reflex Silver colour
8. Dual-zone ACC
9. 6-speed manual gearbox

Can't wait to get this baby on the road! Delivery in 2 months from now (around newyear).

Thank you for reading my post and see you all at the forums!

7sevo7

Hola. My new 2 dr ,carbon steel grey, is my 3rd
GTI ('89, '06, '10) they are all great
In their own way but the new one is awesome
The dealer put an APR chip in and I have updated the audio system over the top with hertz audio & audison.
I like the understated confidence and modesty.