GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
EDIT: I've turned this off as most people seem to have gotten the update.

I've added this to my server if you want a potentially faster place to download it.

There's a single 9.7GB 7-zip archive or you can download it in 2GB chucks if that works better for you

http://themitigating.ddns.net:15000
user and password is "vwvortex" (because I posted it first there, nothing against golfmk8.com)

Single file is /MOI3_EU_VW_R9690L(1969)_3G8919360PG.7z

Split archive is /SPLIT_ARCHIVE/MOI3_EU_VW_R9690L(1969)_3G8919360PG.7z.001 (001...005)

Last edited:

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
My system has an update downloaded and ready to install. It’s saying to turn the engine off and get out of the car while it updates. I take it I can lock the car while it’s updating?

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
My system has an update downloaded and ready to install. It’s saying to turn the engine off and get out of the car while it updates. I take it I can lock the car while it’s updating?
Is it for the infotainment? It's possible that other modules have different procedures for updates. Since you are getting an official update I would follow whatever procedure it says. Maybe even take a picture so if something breaks you can be like "I did what mister car said"

Reactions: tos

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it for the infotainment? It's possible that other modules have different procedures for updates. Since you are getting an official update I would follow whatever procedure it says. Maybe even take a picture so if something breaks you can be like "I did what mister car said"

Yeah, the infotainment. In the end I just got home from work, pressed update and got out and locked it as normal. When I got in again later it said update completed. The software version has only increased from 1896 to 1899 though.

Braxton

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, the infotainment. In the end I just got home from work, pressed update and got out and locked it as normal. When I got in again later it said update completed. The software version has only increased from 1896 to 1899 though.
Oh, by "engine off" you mean keep the car in accessory mode right?

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, by "engine off" you mean keep the car in accessory mode right?

Untitled-1.jpg

No, I turned it all off and locked it. It seemed to work anyway

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Maybe the 1969 update was bad idea.
I had to give a colleague a ride to the car (peugeot) service.
As soon as I opened the driver's door there was a strange and loud low noise coming from the right-side speakers.
So annoying, when he jumps into my car :cautious: . I must reset the infotainment...

Never had that bug at all in 2,5 years, I read about that happens somenes...

Last edited:

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
The VW maps don't seem too great around here. I installed the latest version last week and it's still showing a pub around the corner from my house as being there. It actually closed down about a decade ago and is now a shop

satel

Passed Driver's Ed
1969 is the best software
The Travel Assist error was up to 100 times a day, the car no longer has that error. The graphics are much better, welcome to AID, unit speed, wireless phone connection.