GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

LiamApex

I updated after I drove home, so I don't know. I will take it for a test drive tomorrow to check.
Ok, will be really interested to see.. i haven't received my update yet not sure why! have the OUF1 and have done the relevant recalls!

NomYap

my infotainment has been rebooting itself lately randomly while driving so hoping this update has fixed that
carplay was also acting up lately, i imagine they're linked somehow
went on a drive after the update and everything was pleasantly fine, lets see if this stays :)

LiamApex

M
my infotainment has been rebooting itself lately randomly while driving so hoping this update has fixed that
carplay was also acting up lately, i imagine they're linked somehow
went on a drive after the update and everything was pleasantly fine, lets see if this stays :)
Mine has been rebooting too… is it still jerky or is the drive better now ?

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
I just went for a little drive since I had to do some shopping. The jerkyness definitely improved, it's more of a small hiccup instead of having the feeling that you will hit the steering wheel with your head. Gone? No. But I can live with this now.

LiamApex

I just went for a little drive since I had to do some shopping. The jerkyness definitely improved, it's more of a small hiccup instead of having the feeling that you will hit the steering wheel with your head. Gone? No. But I can live with this now.
Awesome. Hole I get the update soon..

M|W

I am also now on 1899. It is my impression that the jerky breaking is still the same.
I managed to get photos of the (very sketchy) release notes.
782CBD47-91EF-4476-B18F-846A6052FCB8.jpeg
06225C6C-C0D5-4DBC-90DA-5FA7A1FD9400.jpeg
AD661751-4CAF-43BF-A163-F7D24AE9244A.jpeg

tos

Go Kart Champion
1673877597010.png

Jerky braking affects for older ECUs. Infotainment update will not help.

2067824/1

Customer statement:
• When lightly braking and with a gear change from 4th to 3rd gear at a speed of about 30 km/h a jerk is noticeable.

Technical background

Incorrect software in engine control unit. When recovering energy via the belt-driven starter-alternator the recovery is
“suddenly” ended and, as a result, a jerk is noticeable.

A new software version for the engine control unit is being prepared.
• This TPI will be updated as soon as the new software version for the engine control unit is available.
• At the moment an effective repair is not possible. We will inform you as soon as an effective repair is available.
• The replacement of the engine control unit does not fix the complaint. The currently delivered engine control units
do not contain a solution for the above complaints - a groundless replacement of the engine control unit warranty
will be redebated.