GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

Promptly

Is it turned on with the power button at the side of the screen.
If it's a new bought car I'd have words with the dealer. If it's a second hand car, bought from a dealer, I'd have words with the dealer. If it's bought from a private sale I'd have words with whoever you bought it from.

Heggsz

Is it turned on with the power button at the side of the screen.
If it's a new bought car I'd have words with the dealer. If it's a second hand car, bought from a dealer, I'd have words with the dealer. If it's bought from a private sale I'd have words with whoever you bought it from.
It’s turned on yeah, turns on briefly and then off. Repeats itself until it just doesn’t want to try anymore. it’s used from a dealer so will be giving them a call tomorrow

Promptly

It’s turned on yeah, turns on briefly and then off. Repeats itself until it just doesn’t want to try anymore. it’s used from a dealer so will be giving them a call tomorrow
Pressing, and holding the power button - for about 15 seconds or so - reboots the system. Worth a try?

Heggsz

Pressing, and holding the power button - for about 15 seconds or so - reboots the system. Worth a try?
I’ve tried this as well. Resets all fine, radio works for about 20 seconds and then restarts. Repeats itself and then gives up completely.

s3bax

Go Kart Newbie
I’ve tried this as well. Resets all fine, radio works for about 20 seconds and then restarts. Repeats itself and then gives up completely.
Exactly that happened to me while driving away on vacation. Couldn't do anything to fix it. After returning home (3 weeks later) it fixed itself. That was almost a year ago. Since then I've been to the dealer multiple times with random reboot issues. In January they decided to replace the infotainment system. Since then I've been waiting for a replacement unit which arrived a week ago. Next week I'm scheduled to have it finally replaced. Given what I've read so far that doesn't fix it either.

Heggsz

Exactly that happened to me while driving away on vacation. Couldn't do anything to fix it. After returning home (3 weeks later) it fixed itself. That was almost a year ago. Since then I've been to the dealer multiple times with random reboot issues. In January they decided to replace the infotainment system. Since then I've been waiting for a replacement unit which arrived a week ago. Next week I'm scheduled to have it finally replaced. Given what I've read so far that doesn't fix it either.
Going to update to 1941 tomorrow with the videos attached here to see if that fixes it

Promptly

I don't suppose I should really comment; it's your business after all - but that said you are posting on a forum.
It doesn't make much sense to me to buy a car, a car that's faulty, and then attempt to fix it yourself the day after purchase.
With unauthorised software at that, from the advise of an Internet stranger who's posted a video (no offense, obviously, to the poster 🙄).
If it were me I take it back to seek a repair, or cut my losses and get a refund.

Reactions: tos

Heggsz

I don't suppose I should really comment; it's your business after all - but that said you are posting on a forum.
It doesn't make much sense to me to buy a car, a car that's faulty, and then attempt to fix it yourself the day after purchase.
With unauthorised software at that, from the advise of an Internet stranger who's posted a video (no offense, obviously, to the poster 🙄).
If it were me I take it back to seek a repair, or cut my losses and get a refund.
No I think you are right really. ill get in touch with them before doing anything else

daveb15

Ready to race!
To receive notifications about OTA updates to you have to be connected to a hotspot or do you get notifications via the built in esim.

fantozzi.cz

My car's infotainment is scheduled for replacement this Friday too. What HW should I expect? The same one (H56) or some newer/faster one?
IMG_6706.JPG