GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

electroasd

My question might seems stupid but I am trying to understand how things are working.

I am having version 1898. I understand that I can go to the dealer and ask for an update and also that for version 1941, it should not be an OTA update. Is this correct ?

If yes, should I ask the dealer for the update ? I mean we should update to 1941 or we should do that if we are having specific problems?

daveb15

Ready to race!
From what I now believe users on software 1896/1898 will not get 1941 OTA. Only users on 19XX will get 1941 OTA.

Basically users on 18XX get OTA to newest 18XX which is 1899.

Users on 19XX get OTA to newest 19XX which is 1941.

brankec

Hi, I am also stuck with this 1898 version on H58 hardware
device part number is 5H0035820K

Seems this is for now latest version, as no new OTA updates for now.

With this version (1898) everything works ok, as versions before had restarting issues, now it is gone.

electroasd

If you have harman/Kardon and/or daily/weekly rebootings, then yes.
Thank you very much! I am not having harman/Kardon and until now I cannot see any reboots. The only problem I can see is that the voice commands are not available all the time. If I push the button in steering wheel nothing is happening.. if I keep pressing it, mobile commands is starting.

Sometimes is working are the beginning and the stop working.

Does anyone have similar issues?

qwertzui11

The newest software should be 1776 for the Infotainment "Composition" (with knobs)
Hello, BlackShadow250, Could you kindly scroll down on the software version numbers, to see the Android auto and Apple carplay version numbers?
I have some weird connectivity issues with my phone, and curious if anything changed regarding to the android auto version numbers.
Thanks!

StevoM81

Passed Driver's Ed
Just back from my VW dealer after having the latest software update installed to 1941, I had complained about my infotainment system restarting randomly after previously going from 16xx to 1899. They also told me that this update had to be done with them and not OTA. Hopefully no more rebooting head unit.

Also had steering wheel replaced to fix the bloody travel assist bongs previously when I had the update to 1899, it seems to have worked as I haven’t had the the travel assist issue now at all and it’s been 6 weeks since it was replaced.

View attachment IMG_0211.jpeg

Last edited:

dofunale

Hello everyone!
I have the famous problem with Waze lagging/pink on CarPlay which is very frustrating for me, as I am 3/4hrs in my golf every day.
I heard that the 1664 is the problem, i came to VW to make an update but they said that i have no update available on my car…..
I read with some docs on the forum that i should be able to update to 18xx
Do you have a solution for me ? Manual update ?
If i try to update OTA directly it’s stuck on « searching for updates » and nothing

If anyone has an idea it would be a pleasure
Golf from 2021
IMG_2960.jpeg

SimonGC

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the software updated to 1941 yesterday from 1890, I prompted the dealer to perform the update, with video evidence, quoting the TPI 2070082/1 referenced by Massimo. The faults I listed were as follows

1. Random rebooting of infotainment unit
2. Following reboot ACC oscillates between MPH and KPH (requiring ignition off/on to resolve)
3. Random flickering/black screen on rear camera

Too early to see if it has cured anything, no obvious initial changes apart from visual changes to radio logos as previously mentioned by other users. I will give an update in a few weeks.

Drewalk

I just traded my MK8 Golf R 6-spd manual for a new 2024 MK8 6-spd manual. Reason: Last of the manuals for the Golf. My 2022 did get a software update and seemed to have sped things up. The 2024 seems slightly slower, I’ll have check which software version it has. You would think it should be all updated? Manufactured date is 08/23.

Donald

Passed Driver's Ed
My info system completely reboots after the symbol Parking Assist Manoeuvre appears on the dashboard when driving and I don’t have Parking Assist. Software is 1899.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
I had the
My info system completely reboots after the symbol Parking Assist Manoeuvre appears on the dashboard when driving and I don’t have Parking Assist. Software is 1899.
I had the same occasionally while on 1899, I’ve recently been updated to 1941 and it hasn’t done it since.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
The cam
I had the software updated to 1941 yesterday from 1890, I prompted the dealer to perform the update, with video evidence, quoting the TPI 2070082/1 referenced by Massimo. The faults I listed were as follows

1. Random rebooting of infotainment unit
2. Following reboot ACC oscillates between MPH and KPH (requiring ignition off/on to resolve)
3. Random flickering/black screen on rear camera

Too early to see if it has cured anything, no obvious initial changes apart from visual changes to radio logos as previously mentioned by other users. I will give an update in a few weeks.
The rear camera flickering is resolved with a separate software update purely for the camera control module, I’ve recently had this done to my car and the flickering and occasional blank screen has 100% been fixed.