GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Infotainment Hardware and Software Updates

brankec

Today got some smaller update regarding Registration, still on 1898, no big update yet :unsure:

Attachments

• IMG_20231121_122806.jpg
    IMG_20231121_122806.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 193

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Also, the passenger side heated seat will turn on and off when someone is sat in it. It's booked to go back to the dealers on 1st Dec.
I had this problem for looooong time. They replaced seat pressure sensor (TPI 2070692/X) at first, it did not help.
I got Climatronic update (TPI 2060861/X) at 6 months ago, it seems to help for that

When seat heating turned itself off, try remove seat belt clip - no warning signal ;)

Software number: 5WA907007K -> 5WA907007Q
Software version: 3130 -> 3440

keith1200rs

Passed Driver's Ed
My wife's car now has OTA for 1941 popping up. As it has been relatively trouble free ( just a couple of hiccups in the 6 months since she got it) I am wondering whether to stick with the 1900 it has installed or risk the update. Any suggestions?

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Had the OTA to 1941 yesterday as well, 2023 GTE.

Was distracted, what exactly does this update do/fix? I see mostly reference to the Harman Kardon system, which doesn't matter to us as GTE owners (since it's not an option in the GTE), apart from that i can kinda find mostly.. zilch. I certainly hope updating it wasn't a mistake, had the car now since beginning of march, around 5000 miles down - zero faults.

Manicmillions

Still no 1941 ota for me.
Also, I read earlier in this thread that only some ECUs had been updated for the jerky gear changes. Does anyone know if the remainder ever got a patch released. And if so, is there a TPI?

TJ91

Has anyone had any issues getting dealer to update to 1941? I'm in the UK with a 2021 Golf Life that's still running version 1788. I'm pretty sure I should be updated to 1941, right? On the phone the guy from the dealership said he'd checked the VW system and it said there was no update.

Any tips on how to convince them? Is there any official VW documentation about 1941 that I can show them as proof it exists?

System info attached in case useful.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_8744.JPG
    IMG_8744.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 150

TJ91

Mine came OTA. Here's my screen if that's any use. It may be that for certain models the update is not appropriate. Mine's a 2023 RLine. It came with 1896 and is now 1941.
Thanks for this!

Another user told me that you only get 1941 OTA if you're already on 18xx, and that you need a dealer to update you if you're on 17xx. You could still be right though that some models can't have 1941 - there doesn't seem to be a definitive resource available online to tell you what you should have.

I've booked in with the dealer anyway so we'll see if I can convince them in person. I've got a few bugs including a pretty sketchy one with the adaptive cruise control, so I'm hoping an update helps.

oddfuture

I haven't gotten the 1941 OTA update yet either as many of you guys. I got 1896 via the 91DR recall, but if I check my VIN it still says "Outstanding" on the recall. I wonder if that's the reason why I haven't gotten the OTA update for 1941.. I had the 91DR fix back in august.

subby26

With Travel Mode does Driving on the Right refer to the car being on the right hand side of the road or the driver is sitting on the right seat in the car? My UK Golf always deafults to Driving on the Right. I assumed it was wrong, but if it refers to the driving position maybe its correct?

Last edited:

tos

Go Kart Newbie
Just checked erWin and it will not show OUI8 campaign anymore, even that I did update myself at May :D
It was there when OUI8 released.

subby26

Finally got a big OTA update today. 3.5GB in size and gone from 1803 to A896. I think this is stage 1 of 2 for 1896. Seems others got this update in 2022 so maybe theres another update after this one. Also Travel Mode is now permanently Driving on the left, thank goodness and that answers my above question :cool:

golf_update.jpg

golf_update1.jpg

View attachment 296201
golf_update3.jpg

View attachment 296203
golf_update2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tos

stefanox

Passed Driver's Ed
What still irritates me is that the day and night mode does not work automatically with Android auto.
I now have them set to dark by default, but why does this still not work in combination with an S22