GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jewfro's NA Miata

JewFro

Ready to race!
Hmm I'd forgotten they were 8k/6k, thats not bad. I ended up going with softer rates than that actually. Chose 7k/5k after driving my friend's NB on the tried and true Koni/GC combo with 400/275 rates but wanted the ability to adjust the shock body as you probably did too. The 7k/5k combo gives a bit more front roll couple than the 8k/6k did with the RB tubular front way. Will I ever notice the difference? Probably not but but the Fat Cat calculator doesn't lie.

The Megans can't be beat for the price. After having to wait so long for mine I'm beginning to wish I had gone with those and saved some cash.

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I want BC's simply because of the pillow ball mounts. But they're $949.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Go for it then :)

I plan on doing a full review of the Fortune Auto coils whenever they arrive. For $1300 they better be as good as people say they are

JewFro

Ready to race!
After a one month wait these finally showed up. Install on Sunday along with the GV style lip. We'll see how the rates work, I mimicked my friends car with 375/250 GC's on Koni's that he loves for street and occasional auto-x use. If more front roll bias is needed I might disconnect the rear sway and/or bump the fronts to 8k but hopefully these rates work well.

JewFro

Ready to race!
Got the coilovers, GV rep lip, and RB front end links on today. The install went fairly smooth but there was one 17mm bolt right under strut assembly that was so stubborn I was certain it would either break or the threads would be ruined. It holds the lower ball joint to the control arm but from the inside. No amount of PB blaster or heat did anything but luckily both sides were fine!

Initial impressions of the Fortune Auto coilovers are two thumbs up. Even at 52k the original suspension felt kinda tired. The Fortune's are blowing me away so far with how well they handle bumps and definitely ride better than stock. The toe is so far off you can actually see it and hear the tires whirring at highway speeds so I didn't push the car hard or drive it more than about 20-25 miles tonight just to make sure everything was settled for an alignment this week. Once that is taken care of we'll see how they handle. Ride quality wise these blow the Ksports on the GTI out of the water. There was ZERO pogo-stick action where the GTI is extremely annoying.

The ride height you see was a total guess but it came out almost spot on. 11.25" F/ 11.75" R (hub to fender) and no fender roll yet because with the 15x7, 38mm offset, 195/50 setup it hardly rubs.

In between torrential downpours I managed to sneak out with the top down for another quick drive tonight and some pictures in the street. Sometime later this week I'll get some better ones.

Well this can't be very effective anymore...

Made a simple maf bracket. Didn't get around to making a heat shield but we all know most of those are just for show anyways so its not like it matters much.

Last edited:

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Height looks great! What's your over/under on blowing that lip apart? My friend has one on his NA and it exploded on 95 one day haha

JewFro

Ready to race!
Height looks great! What's your over/under on blowing that lip apart? My friend has one on his NA and it exploded on 95 one day haha

Haha did he have the real GV lip? People always ask "how do I know if its a real GV" and the response is usually "you'll know when it explodes as you hit something". Not sure what you mean by over/under but the lip sits about 1.5" from the ground and is just a $75 ebay rep. It anything its better than the real deal since its thick ABS, and fits perfect.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
over/under=time span. My friend just finished a sr20 swap in his s13 coupe. it's on 16s and on the ground. the over/under on his oil pan is 300-500 miles before replacement ;)

pretty sure my friend's lip was a rep but i thought it was more of a fiberglass material by the way that it shattered

JewFro

Ready to race!
Haha how I've never heard that expression before is beyond me but, gotcha. Real or Rep they're supposed to be an abs material but the consensus seems to be the reps are much more durable and will rip (or rip your bumper off) rather than explode.

The over/under on the oil pan isn't long unless a skid plate is sourced.

Lavaine

Looks good Jewfro. The Fortune coilovers look fantastic. Definitely a huge step up from my GC coilovers. It's a little low for my taste, but it looks good. My NA sits at 12.5" / 13" F/R, on 15" rubber. Don't be surprised if your front end-links bind with that ride height. It's a fairly common problem on really low NA's. Mine were binding at 12" front ride height.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
The over/under on the oil pan isn't long unless a skid plate is sourced.

They sit out in the open just like a vr6. The only thing covering it is the factory front sway bar. Hopefully we can make a skid plate for it in the next few weeks.

What's your plan for wheels? You have something on the way right?

JewFro

Ready to race!
Nothing on the way for wheels right now but something will be done before H2o

Either staggered 15" Equip 01's or 16" Gotti's

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Nothing on the way for wheels right now but something will be done before H2o

Either staggered 15" Equip 01's or 16" Gotti's

Both would look great. I'd love to see some 16'' ssr formula mesh on it

...obviously not the form you're looking for but i love these wheels