GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Some Opinions about a project car

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
How qbout a 135i coupe.. Tune, ic they can put down some good # n be a nice track car

$$$$$$$$ Cant find a $8000 135i. If I could, I'd consider.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
The 2.7TT has a reputation for needing turbo replacement IIRC. I've always wanted one too, but I'd take a 3000GT over it (I'm a 3si fan). Conquests/Starions are awesome if you really want to get your hands dirty, and they're cheap. The 4G63 swap always made me want one (or really, anything you can put under the hood).

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Let's take this up a notch:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Yep. You heard me right. I'm starting to get the project car itch and ultimately want have something to work on all the time.
You'll surely get that....something that always needs to be worked on. Finding a lower mileage one is tough for under 10k, and even the lower mileages need work. My friend got one for 8500 with 65k but it's a city car with a bashed fender, needs the timing belt, turbos, and water pump done, both bumpers painted, etc.

Trying to find a clean, reliable S4 is like finding a pristine, unmodded DSM.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
hmmm... what if... you continue to just build up the GTI to stage 3+ with internals... then at that power level the FWD will be pointless sooooo

you drop that engine into an A4 Avant Quattro..... hmmmm

I've actually been pondering a similar swap with my car since I'm just 1 step away now from stage 3+... I'd probably drop my engine into either an R32 or A3 Quattro since they are both already very similar to the GTI... but dropping that engine into an A4 I would think you'd have to turn it 90 degrees and fab new engine mounts for it and rework the turbo manifold... hmmmm

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
A3 Quattro with my retrofitted parts would be nice. Hmmm....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
My first opinion on car project is show all futures in the car. Expert & User Reviews on New Cars.Road Tests, First Drives, Compares! Which cars is great mileage. which cars running in market? People Attractive color's car and great pickup. so all futures involve in cars.. that's my personal opinions about project cars.

Yeah, but daily driving capabilities and expert reviews and comparisons is really only for something I'm looking to buy as a daily driver. I really dont care about all that. I want something that's easy to work on with a little bit of nostalgia.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I just checked his/her posts and I believe you are 100% correct.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
What would people think about a Twin Turbo MKIV R32?

rs999

Go Kart Champion
How about a 2011+ mustang GT?

It'll be real power and opens you up to the American tuning scene like edelbrock, roush, steeda, etc.

I want to do a 2011 mustang GT CPO'd with roush suspension, which is basically a M3 killer for $20k less.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
How about a 2011+ mustang GT?

It'll be real power and opens you up to the American tuning scene like edelbrock, roush, steeda, etc.

I want to do a 2011 mustang GT CPO'd with roush suspension, which is basically a M3 killer for $20k less.

No...that is not a cheap project car.