GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Some Opinions about a project car

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Are you trying to stay Euro? I'm looking into getting a s2k and boosting the shit outta it. The motor is very impressive. Would you ever consider that?

Other great projects that would be semi cheap:
E30 - turbo'd
GC8 coupe with a STI swap
VW caddy pickup - it'd be slow though, but fresh
mk3 supra - 1jz swap, cheap and reliable and can push a lot out of it
FD Rx7

Last edited:

ImmI

Ready to race!
Any car with a great chassis and a 2JZ-GTE swap, that would be my dream.

Or a MK1/MK2 Golf with a VR6 swap

Last edited:

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
I would love another b5, But Somthing Pre smog,
like a 510 with a sr-20det or rb-25 swap, gutted with welded diff :drool:

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I have been looking for a mk1 gti for a project car. My uncle has one which I have been trying to buy off him for years now. I have also been looking at older porsches. The main thing I lack right now is space. If I did the gti it would be more of a nostalgic thing and the Porsche may just break the bank over time..

Stocktastic1

Go Kart Champion
I've thought about a project for a while, but I just don't have the time or space to have it.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm liking the ideas. As for sticking with Euro, I'm not entirely sure. A Honda would be great, but there's nothing really great except an NSX or S2000 would would be considerable. But I feel like I want something raw and totally emotional. Something that would catch the eye.

I thought about a MK1 or MK2 with a TSI engine and custom AWD conversion. Its been done and it certainly would stretch my engineering skills.

And E30 wouldnt be bad......hmmm.....

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm getting a GolF R itch...........It would not make any financial sense plus my car payment would damn near triple....but OMFG

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I've had the itch for some time now - finally pulled the trigger last week :D

Luck bastard. What plans do you have for it?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Can't really mod an NSX for cheap and it would be a money pit. If you want to wrench on something I'd go as cheap as possible.

What about a civic hatch?

I was thinking about doing it... a base car is only 2200-2300lbs or so. You can convert the rear brakes to discs using Integra parts...

then feel free to drop in whatever engine/turbo you want.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Nothing near TEFF's awesomeness. A good set of racing tires, upgraded brakes and a stage I flash :)

But I don't want to jack the op's thread - PM me if you have any other questions :D

Its my thread :D