GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32D2's R32 (Picture overload)

Stella Blue

Passed Driver's Ed
Hah, nice! glad you guys liked it, I'm still loving the sound, loud when you want it, quiet when you don't.

Let me know if you end up getting the Milltek, would love to hear it too, or at least some pics :thumbsup:

It's more a matter of when. I've sourced it locally and locked down the exact price. Im just waiting for my wallet to catch up. My to do list is silly long, and for me handling takes precedence over anything else.

Isn't it great having a gf that understands that kinda shit? I let my girl drive my gti because it's auto, and the smile on her face when she throws it in S and stomps on it is priceless. Before me she didn't give a fuck about cars, now she does :biggrin:

In 180K+ she is still the only person besides me who has ever driven my car. She has put as much blood, sweat, and profanity into it as I have.

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Handling for sure, that's a good way to do it. My coilovers were the first item on my list. Maybe some sway bars next.

3AFL

I just don't know
i have always been told by my S2000 buddies, you should always know how the car is going to handle in stock conditions before you start throwing a bunch of engine mods on, and have no idea what you are doing. if you don't understand how the car will handle, you will never be able to drive it at what it is capable of doing.

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
i have always been told by my S2000 buddies, you should always know how the car is going to handle in stock conditions before you start throwing a bunch of engine mods on, and have no idea what you are doing. if you don't understand how the car will handle, you will never be able to drive it at what it is capable of doing.

Yeah, pretty much. I did the intake first because I could do that myself, no labor costs.
My coilovers were sitting around for a month prior to it only because I was waiting to get some extra money to cover the install on em.

3AFL

I just don't know
id love to get some coilovers for my car, but i need to upgrade to the GTI stuff first. i'm not exactly sure why i hang out in here, considering i'm at the bottom of the totem pole.

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
id love to get some coilovers for my car, but i need to upgrade to the GTI stuff first. i'm not exactly sure why i hang out in here, considering i'm at the bottom of the totem pole.
Stick around, it's how you learn, Even if you don't contribute much. Read about other peoples mods, custom work, anything really. Ive learned a lot from these people by just reading.

Love the wheels
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
^ah, that looks good. I wanted gunmetal so bad but they didn't have any.

Stella Blue

Passed Driver's Ed
I highly recommend sway bars. I went with H&R front and rear. Coilovers made a noticeable impact on handling, but the sway bars made the most noticeable, and best, impact on the handling characteristics of the car. Im not saying H&R are the way to go, it's just what I went with. But considering my friends in a M3, S2K, and STI can't hang with me on Blood Mountain or Tail of the Dragon with only decent coilovers and F & R sway bars is a testament to how well the heavy brute can handle when set up properly. The stock setup is way too soft, and of you're willing to sacrifice comfort for performance you can really get the R's to corner.

Loving the wheels. My only suggestion is to either shave or color match the side markers. That orange just doesn't go well with any of the OEM colors. It just stands out too much to look good.

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
I highly recommend sway bars. I went with H&R front and rear. Coilovers made a noticeable impact on handling, but the sway bars made the most noticeable, and best, impact on the handling characteristics of the car. Im not saying H&R are the way to go, it's just what I went with. But considering my friends in a M3, S2K, and STI can't hang with me on Blood Mountain or Tail of the Dragon with only decent coilovers and F & R sway bars is a testament to how well the heavy brute can handle when set up properly. The stock setup is way too soft, and of you're willing to sacrifice comfort for performance you can really get the R's to corner.
"Blood Mountain" or "Tail of The Dragon" seem like places you better have a proper set-up to even attempt, lol.
Yeah Sway Bars are definitely on my list in the near future, all the mods I did up to now were out of pocket and from my Tax Refund, gonna have to wait a while to put more money into it though.

Loving the wheels. My only suggestion is to either shave or color match the side markers. That orange just doesn't go well with any of the OEM colors. It just stands out too much to look good.

Oh I know! I'm not liking the sidemarkers either. Waiting for ESE tuning to re-stock. Gonna get some as soon as they do. Unless you know somewhere else to get them?

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
that exhaust is insane! nice work. coming along nicely man

I appreciate it Jay! It was the most perfect exhaust I could've gone with for my taste. Sounds awesome. Not too crazy either.

Looks good man, love the new wheels on it :thumbsup:

Thanks for that! I've gotten so many compliments on the whole car after I got them on. I'm not used to that, lol.

R527

Thank you very much! I know the feeling, I had mine sitting around for about a week but my coilovers sat here for nearly a month. So what's your current setup that you can't plug this bad boy in?

I feel like an idiot because I never replied. My car is turbo and they left the stock exhaust on but installed 3" high flow cat, so it was 3" from the turbo to the place where the cat-back exhaust attaches where it went back down to 2.25". I could have technically installed it myself but there would be a 6" long 2.25" coupling between the two 3" bits if that makes sense. A couple weeks ago I finally got around to finding an exhaust place that would cut the welded 3" -> 2.25" reducer off and install the exhaust so it's entirely 3" now. It sounds wonderful, and actually a lot more quiet than I expected.

I need to get around to doing handling mods and wheels, your car looks great. Although I've spent all my money so it will probably wait until next summer.