GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by RacingManiac

1. RacingManiac

Hidden/fake exhausts on new cars...why?

Easier to style, easier to design for also. The tight clearances between fascia and tips and the fact that the tips move(on hangers/bushings, also the system grow in length when it heats up) is a pretty big thing in system design that they have to get around. Packaging a semi-hidden/smaller tip...
  2. RacingManiac

Hyundai Veloster N in the same breath as VW GTI

Considering also MK7.5 puts the price point of PP equipment north of 30k MSRP, GTI was not the deal it used to be....
  3. RacingManiac

Hyundai Veloster N in the same breath as VW GTI

Clubsport S has over 280 horses, I don't see the issue.... This comes with the Hyundai version of the Borg FXD(VAQ) which seems like a smart play on their part, I just don't like Veloster as a package mainly because its not very practical hatch form factor. I'd rather they bring the i30N over...
  4. RacingManiac

Honda Civic R

I kinda want one.....
  5. RacingManiac

Fiesta ST vs. MK7 GTI. My test drive review and opinion request!

I am honestly surprised you find the FoST will cost more than the GTI, they usually undercut GTI's pricing by quite a bit, but VW with the dieselgate gets more incentives now I guess... Personally I couldn't quite deal with FiST's size, otherwise I think its a tremendous deal...
  6. RacingManiac

Goodbye Golfmk6.com

So much drama...
  7. RacingManiac

My new 2015 Golf R came in!

I think it'll still be a 1.5 month before I get my MK7 GTI PP...
  8. RacingManiac

FURD GT

TBH the way the car is packaged I'd be surprised if it has any room for hybrid...that back end with those 2 "channels" passing through the space between the fenders and the engine space for the car takes up a lot of room...for a car that also needs plenty of plumbing with a twin-turbo setup...
  9. RacingManiac

FURD GT

I'd say Detroit show has been pretty interesting maybe the last 3 years. Last year we had the new Mustang, Z06, aluminum Ford trucks, other stuff also...
  10. RacingManiac

FURD GT

So when was the last time Ford made a GT with carbon tub? For that matter when was the last time any Ford was made with a tub? People are freaking attached to the name "GT". Its not an update to the old car, its a whole new thing. The fact that no one even seen a spy shot of this thing before...
  11. RacingManiac

FURD GT

For TUDOR USC use in the actual racecar, the block actually HAS to be from the road car. So it IS the SHO engine in the racecar. Its not a design based on the SHO, it is the SHO motor when they raced it in the Daytona Prototype. The turbos and other system can be changed or added(dry sump)...
  12. RacingManiac

FURD GT

No there isn't anything wrong with that, but I am just replying to XGC75 saying it has nothing to do with the engine in previous Ecoboost... Heck the current engine in Honda powered LMP2 cars came from Odyssey....which is now also going into the new custom sportscar that James Glickenhaus(aka...
  13. RacingManiac

FURD GT

Well the press release keep mentioning the engine being race proven in TUDOR USCC in the Daytona Prototypes, which uses a 3.5 V6TT, based on the SHO/Explorer...so.... Yes, Ford GT, powered by Taurus...
  14. RacingManiac

4th Gen Miata/MX-5

Even if it only has 150bhp, weighing only 2200lb will be decently powerful.... Miata will never be a "fast" car, but I am sure it'll still be fun...