1. M

The Official Gun Thread

SR22
  2. M

The Official Gun Thread

To a point.
  3. M

The Official Gun Thread

I just don't get how you can say it isn't good enough for you but is fine for a woman? Most .380s are very concealable and I'd trust my life to one anyday. Carry on with the non-sensical remarks
  4. M

The Official Gun Thread

This makes no sense. A .380 Auto doesn't have the stopping power to protect a guy in a situation but it is 'Alright' for a woman?
  5. M

The Official Gun Thread

I love .380 If carry passes here in IL ill be carrying my 84fs until I get something a little nicer
  6. M

The Official Gun Thread

For me no Glock fits my hand, and I absolutely hate the grip angle and design. I own many guns that are equally as reliable and durable as a Glock. Having to pick the best Glock would lead me to pick my favorite caliber 10mm Auto. You can't argue with its stopping power.
  7. M

The Official Gun Thread

Best Glock is the Glock 20
  8. M

The Official Gun Thread

John bought a Glock? The Sig P250 is junk and in my experience Cabelas hasn't had anything worthwhile in months. Look local, there are still some decent people selling at reasonable prices
  9. M

The Official Gun Thread

I tried to answer all your questions. I'm not trying to get into a gun fight with a possible intruder. The point is to protect myself and my girlfriend. Shooting through a wall where you think the attacker is, even by tracking, is not as accurate as seeing him. Why announce to him you have a...
  10. M

The Official Gun Thread

being from IL we cant defend ourselves without trying to cover our asses. Your methodology ONLY WORKS IF EVERYONE IS ACCOUNTED FOR. That doesn't always happen. Perhaps you have a daughter that was out with her friends. She MAY be home, she MAY NOT be home. If you assume she isn't and shoot...
  11. M

The Official Gun Thread

You don't know what exactly is behind those walls. Could be another innocent person in the house. Using a round designed to reduce over penetration is also critical for people that live in apartments or condos. You don't want your shots killing your neighbors. You would be arrested and...
  12. M

The Official Gun Thread

Regardless of whether he is a LEO or in the military shooting through walls is dumb. It is unsafe, inaccurate, gives away your position, and limits the amount of shots you have to really defend yourself if he comes into the room. If you are held up in a bedroom and you hear the guy outside you...
  13. M

The Official Gun Thread

KurtP has a set. You should ask for a review
  14. M

The Official Gun Thread

You don't want penetration through walls. You don't know what is behind there. If the attacker is between you and someone else in your home you aren't going to shoot at them if you think you could harm them. You can't always round up the whole family in the same room and hunker down. In...
  15. M

The Official Gun Thread

So you're going to use over penetration of a round, possibly endanger other people in your home, or neighborhood and blindly shoot through a wall to get a guy that might be on the other side? No thanks. What kind of defense round are you using, because a hollow point isn't going to penetrate...