GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Glory's Mk1 Rabbit

I have been looking for a project car to work on for awhile now and was having a hard time finding something I liked and enjoyed the looks of for my price range until just a few days ago. A good friend of mine messaged me a few days ago asking if I wanted to buy his Mk1 1984 Rabbit. He had...
  2. G

Out for a Rip

Pretty much accurate especially in the prairies :P F-glHAzXi_M
  3. G

Ideal Engine Swap

With any amount of money and time any engine can be swapped into any car. My current favorite is the LSx into an FD RX-7. Gorgeous looks and good old NA power. I want to hear what other favorite swaps are out there. Unleash the imagination!
  4. G

Weekend Car Possibilities

For the past few months I have been kicking around the idea of finding a fun weekend car for next summer. I have no idea if it will actually happen within the next year but eventually I will get one. Basically what I am looking for is something to tinker with, be RWD, be an older car and not...
  5. G

Air Cooled porsche thread

Recently I have been looking at Old porsche's (mainly 964 & 993) in the hopes one day I may own one. I have been on rennlist and some other forums but does anyone here have an good build threads on old porsche's they would like to share?
  6. G

New Car for Father

Looking for some guidance from anyone and everyone for a new car for my father. Back story: Father currently owns a 2007 VW Rabbit 2.5L with 102,xxx KMs. He puts on 10-12KMs/year on it, 90% city driving. He drives through downtown and parks in not overly large underground parking lot. The car...
  7. G

Scirocco in the US

Found this today at lunch. What could it mean? http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/first-scirocco-r-in-the-us-476217665
  8. G

Wallet search

Looking for a new wallet. Can't seem to keep one very long, always breaking at the seams (literally). Usually keep cash cards, and coins in it. Anyone have any recommendations? You guys and gals always give good help. Sent from the White north with magic
  9. G

20 Min S4 Review

Got to take out a fully loaded b8 S4 out for a quick spin today from the local dealer just for kicks. The salesman was awesome and well informed about Audi and cars in general which is a good change from the usual. For a quick background, I DD a stock 6MT 2012 GTI with everything minus the...
  10. G

'Media Server' Build

Looking to build a media/download server for the family. Currently using my personal rig as the server but its only I know the password to get into it so it doesn't let the rest of the house into it. Want this pretty cheap and be able to play back 1080p with ease and be not a power hog when...
  11. G

MBA Advice

I was talking to my bosses at work today (I'm an engineer in training at a consulting engineering firm) and we got to talking about how I could go for an mba to help advance my career. Has anyone done an mba? I don't know much about it but that's it's more of a management type course (for lack...
  12. G

Bentely Continental Speed and Audi S4

Chris Harris looks at a Continental Speed and an Audi S4 and compares the two. wl9wGfplgdg Discuss
  13. G

e36 M3 Opinions

Been toying with the idea of possibly getting an e36 m3 to work on and to drive something different then the GTI. I have never driven one and was wondering your guys' view on the car. Wanting something more driver oriented and preferabbly RWD in the summer. Looking around the net (autotrader...
  14. G

Focus ST Wintery Review

So just got home from driving a family friends' brand new Focus ST (has less then 600km on it), which was fully loaded. This is a short review as weather here is pretty poor (icy roads, fresh snow fall, freezing cold out). Exterior The car looks way better in real life then it does on the...
  15. G

Beginner DSLR

Hey all, Was hoping I would be able to get some help. Been thinking about getting back into photography/photoshop (used to do some in Highschool). Looking for advice regarding cameras/lenses for a beginner, new vs used, etc. I'd prefer to do mostly car photography and close up stuff, rather...
  16. G

Budget PC Build

I'm building a PC for my gf's parents and would like your guys' thoughts/comments on the build so far. Budget is $700 CDN (w/ taxes) for hardware, OS (win7), and monitor. The computer will be used for surfing the internet, e-mail, making movies/slideshows from family photos, light gaming, and...
  17. G

Came across this...

cool audi video. Thought I'd share http://watch.nib.ly/1791-audi-rs-moments-of-truth-1989-5-cylinder-engine?awesm=nib.ly_c9si&v=#awesm=2b7f40c1ce9dd1cdfaa30ef24cbcb991
  18. G

Tv + Audio Help

Hey all, I am looking for a new HDTV and was wondering if you could give me a hand. The TV will be in a 10'x11'x10' room and ill be sitting away abou 9'. What I would like in a TV are: 42"-47" 1080p Wifi Quality over size 120Hz <$1500 Went to the store a couple days ago and looked at...